Lakes are the ultimate mood-changing destinations. Be it anywhere in the world, one does want to visit a breathtakingly beautiful lake or two. Here in Sikkim, Tsomgo Lake is a must-visit place and an absolutely easy getaway for all the travellers. It is just 38 km away from Gangtok which is the capital city of Sikkim as well as it is in itself a popular tourist destination.
Tsomgo Lake is a glacial lake that is situated in the eastern Sikkim. The entire lake stays frozen during winters. The interesting thing about the lake is that it reflects myriads of colours as the seasons change. Sikkimese people also consider this lake of great importance and highly revere it.
The first and the foremost feature of the lake is that it has an enticing oval shape, spreading over an area of 60.5 acres. Moreover, the lake is surrounded by natural beauty through and through. You get to see Alpine forests covering the lake’s catchment. And comes the month of May, there bloom myriads of flower species, such as blue & yellow poppies, rhododendrons, irises, primulas, and so many more. You can also spot the adorable red panda here. For tourists, there are joy rides on decorated mules and yaks. Various kiosks are also arranged to offer sumptuous food and drinks.
The time period from December to February is considered a good time to visit the Tsomgo lake.
1. Shiv Temple. The Shiv temple carries a great spiritual vibe and people who are spiritually inclined are highly likely to find this place really amazing. More or less, this place is quite an amazing destination to visit around with your loved ones.
2. Kyonglosla Waterfall. This is yet another magical place to visit around with your loved ones. The spiritual aura of this place is out and out amazing to experience.
3. Nathula Pass. The Nathula Pass is one of the most interesting places to visit around with your loved ones. Here you get to discover some of the finest aspects of this place.
4. Himalayan Zoological Park. You can visit the Himalayan Zoological Park and discover a wide variety of animals. This park holds a great variety of picturesque scenic views.
5. Smritivan. This is yet another awesome place which is out and out amazing to travel and visit. The main idea of this setup is to plant a tree in the memory of your dear loved ones.
6. Tashi View Point. This View-Point is really an interesting place to visit and explore. It offers the tourists with some of the most iconic and wonderful views of nature.
By Air. The nearest airport is situated in Bagdogra which is located at a distance of 124 km. This airport is further connected via major cities.
By Train. The nearest train station to Gangtok is located at a distance of around 148 km. And from there you would need to hire a taxi or get some other means of transportation.
By Road. The overall connectivity via road network is quite good. So, if you are planning to visit this place then travelling via road would be a convenient experience for you.
Leave a Reply: