Lakes are the ultimate mood-changing destinations. Be it anywhere in the world, one does want to visit a breathtakingly beautiful lake or two. Here in Sikkim, Tsomgo Lake is a must-visit place and an absolutely easy getaway for all the travellers. It is just 38 km away from Gangtok which is the capital city of Sikkim as well as it is in itself a popular tourist destination.
Tsomgo Lake is a glacial lake that is situated in the eastern Sikkim. The entire lake stays frozen during winters. The interesting thing about the lake is that it reflects myriads of colours as the seasons change. Sikkimese people also consider this lake of great importance and highly revere it.
The first and the foremost feature of the lake is that it has an enticing oval shape, spreading over an area of 60.5 acres. Moreover, the lake is surrounded by natural beauty through and through. You get to see Alpine forests covering the lake’s catchment. And comes the month of May, there bloom myriads of flower species, such as blue & yellow poppies, rhododendrons, irises, primulas, and so many more. You can also spot the adorable red panda here. For tourists, there are joy rides on decorated mules and yaks. Various kiosks are also arranged to offer sumptuous food and drinks.
The time period from December to February is considered a good time to visit the Tsomgo lake.
1. Shiv Temple. The Shiv temple carries a great spiritual vibe and people who are spiritually inclined are highly likely to find this place really amazing. More or less, this place is quite an amazing destination to visit around with your loved ones.
2. Kyonglosla Waterfall. This is yet another magical place to visit around with your loved ones. The spiritual aura of this place is out and out amazing to experience.
3. Nathula Pass. The Nathula Pass is one of the most interesting places to visit around with your loved ones. Here you get to discover some of the finest aspects of this place.
4. Himalayan Zoological Park. You can visit the Himalayan Zoological Park and discover a wide variety of animals. This park holds a great variety of picturesque scenic views.
5. Smritivan. This is yet another awesome place which is out and out amazing to travel and visit. The main idea of this setup is to plant a tree in the memory of your dear loved ones.
6. Tashi View Point. This View-Point is really an interesting place to visit and explore. It offers the tourists with some of the most iconic and wonderful views of nature.
The Indian state of Sikkim is home to a spectacular glacial lake called Tsomgo Lake, also known as Changu Lake. The distance between Delhi to Tsomgo lake is 1616 kilometres. Mumbai is situated 2440 kilometres away from the lake. Also, Hyderabad and Chennai are respectively 2073 and 2365 kilometres away from Tsomgo Lake.
By Air. The nearest airport is Pakyong Airport in the northeast. It is situated in the playing town near Gangtok. Without a doubt, Sikkim is connected with other cities of India. It is 71 kilometres away from the lake.
By Train. Sikkim is very well-connected with other cities in India using rail routes. You can board trains from junctions like Howrah, New Delhi, Bandra Terminus, Chennai central et cetera situated in the metro cities of India to reach Sikkim. The nearest railway station to Tsomgo lake is New Jalpaiguri railway station. After getting there, you have to avail of the bus or taxi service to reach the Tsomgo lake.
By Road. Tsomgo lake it is situated in an adverse geographical spot. You will need an experienced driver if you are going to Changu Lake in a private car. The most suitable way to reach Tsomgo Lake is to take a bus or shared taxi from Sikkim's capital city Gangtok. The lake remains frozen in winter in November and December, and you can enjoy a yak safari, and also you can enjoy the scenic beauty of the hills in the summer months.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: