Air Travel Expected to be at par with pre-COVID Levels by this Year-End, says the Indian Civil Aviation Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri
shortby Article at Adotrip.com
The Indian Civil Aviation Minister, Mr Hardeep Singh Puri while addressing the Indian School of Business’s Deccan Dialogue event on Monday stated that India’s air travel scene will reach the pre-covid levels by the end of the current year or from early next year.
He also said that as of now, civil aviation is currently running at a 70% capacity in a very meticulous manner. "I have already told my colleagues to look at 80 per cent. I am confident that by December 31, or soon thereafter (week or two into January) we will return to pre-COVID levels," the minister said.
While the overall contribution of the aviation sector is on the rise, the Union Minister also stressed that the present aviation model is distorted. This is what he had to say, "The value of air traffic between USA and India is roughly $7 bn annually. How much do Indian carriers get of the traffic? They get mere 17 per cent. It is not that the USA carriers get the remaining 83 per cent -- not going to say who gets it. I see no reason why Indian flagship or private carriers can't earn more money flying passengers. These are distorted business models.”
With the whole COVID scenario in place, the rise in India’s aviation sector seems to be a good sign of things getting better. However, for now, all we can do is hope for the best. Until then, stay tuned with Adotrip and if soon planning a trip somewhere special, then, do plan out your itinerary with Adotrip’s smart circuit planner tool.