It’s said, “January is for dreamers and February is for doers”. So, get in action folks because February is approaching with a whole lot of surprises! February certainly sets new travel goals for all simply by opening a gamut of unique opportunities. Right from delightful weather, romantic vibes, bounties of nature, less-crowded places, thrilling activities, cultural festivals and mind-blowing travel deals, there is so much buzz in this shortest month which insinuates everyone to venture out and explore. Now if this is already sparking up your sleeping wanderlust, here’s some pivotal information that will excite you even more. Check out the list of places to visit in February in India where you can make memories of a lifetime. For now, revamp your wishlist!
List of 15 Best Places to Visit in February in India 2023
We know, nobody has told you about these idyllic hideaways and compelling reasons. But let us tell ya, these places are surely worth discovering in the month of February. Take a look!
- Agra: Attend the 10-day Cultural Extravaganza, Taj Mahotsav
- Jaisalmer: Witness the Vibrant Colours of Rajasthan
- Gulmarg: Enjoy Skiing in the Paradise of India
- Rann of Kutch: Savour the Beauty of Culture & White Desert
- Bir Billing: Try Paragliding in the Land of Monasteries
- Pondicherry: Soak the Romantic Vibe of the French Riviera of India
- Khajuraho: Experience the Eclectic Blend of Art & Culture
- Manipur: Get Acquainted with Naga Tribes
- Kaziranga: Explore the Less Discovered Land
- Kufri: Play with Snow at this Charming Hill Station
- Kolkata: Lay Your Hands on Amazing Reads at Book Fair
- Andaman: Ditch Mundane & Try Snorkelling or Scuba Diving
- Coorg: Discover the Charm of Scotland of India
- Goa: Catch a Kaleidoscopic View of Goa Carnival
- Delhi: Revel in the Delightful Offerings of Capital City
1. Agra: Attend the 10-day Cultural Extravaganza, Taj Mahotsav
February is the best month to visit this heritage city in Uttar Pradesh where wonders of the world await you. Also, during this month the weather in the city remains slightly cold which makes sightseeing even more delightful for the travellers. One more highlight of the month is Taj Mahotsav which is organised by the Tourism Department to promote the rich culture, heritage, cuisine, art, dance and music. This elaborate 10-day festival in Agra is totally worth attending to witness the true essence of the Mughal era and Nawabi style.
- Location: Uttar Pradesh
- Things to Do in Agra: Witnessing Heritage, Attending Taj Mahotsav, Shopping at Kinari Bazaar, Kalakriti Dance Drama Show, Exotic Mughlai Cuisine, Boat ride in Yamuna River
- Places to Explore in Agra: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Jahangir Mahal, Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah, Mehtab Bagh, Anguri Bagh, Fatehpur Sikri
- Nearest Airport to Agra: Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Airport | Distance: 5km
- Railway Station in Agra: Agra Fort Railway Station
2. Jaisalmer: Witness the Vibrant Colours of Rajasthan
The golden city of Jaisalmer is one of the best places in India to visit in February for not one but many reasons. The first and foremost reason why tourism is high in this month is because of perfect weather which otherwise is extremely hot. This gorgeous city of Rajasthan is a heady mix of vibrant colours of culture, heritage and golden sand. The desert town is also popular for its beautiful Jain temples, majestic Jaisalmer Fort, iconic bazaars and myriad outdoor activities which keep the travellers on go.
- Location: Rajasthan
- Things to Do in Jaisalmer: Attending Desert Festival, Camping, Desert Safari, Camel Rides, Shopping in Sadar Bazar
- Places to Explore in Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer Fort, Gadisar Lake, Patwon Ki Haveli, Longewala War Memorial, Chandraprabhu Temple, Rishabhadeva Temple, Rishabhadeva Temple, Tanot Mata Temple, Desert National Park
- Nearest Airport to Jaisalmer: Jodhpur Airport | Distance: 275km
- Railway Station in Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer Railway Station
3. Gulmarg: Enjoy Skiing in the Paradise of India
Gulmarg is the ultimate winter wonderland that looks ethereal in the month of February. During this time of the year, the entire valley remains covered under the blanket of snow and the vibe is totally romantic. If you are looking for the best honeymoon place to visit in February in India then you can definitely consider Gulmarg as your first preference. And we assure you that you will have the best time of your life.
- Location: Kashmir
- Things to Do in Gulmarg: Enjoying snowfall, Skiing, Gondola rides, Ice Skating, Trekking, Golfing, Pony Riding, Playing with snow, Making snowmen etc.
- Places to Explore in Gulmarg: Alpather Lake, Apharwat Peak, Rani Temple, Baba Reshi Shrine, Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve, Strawberry Valley, St. Mary's Church etc.
- Nearest Airport to Gulmarg: Srinagar Airport (SXR) | Distance: 56km
- Nearest Railway Station: Jammu Tawi, Jammu | Distance: 290km
4. Rann of Kutch: Savour the Beauty of Culture & White Desert
Rann of Kutch is a wonderful place to visit during the month of February when the weather is absolutely perfect for sightseeing. One of the major highlights here is witnessing the expansive salt desert which is the largest in the world. Also, you can grab the kaleidoscopic view of the vibrant culture of Gujarat in Rann Utsav which is the eagerly-awaited tourism event of India.
- Location: Gujarat
- Things to Do in Kutch: Watching the sun go down, Desert Safari, Attending Rann Utsav, Photography, Shopping local handicrafts, Camping, Camel Rides, Cultural Activities, Sightseeing, Sand dune bashing
- Places to Explore in Kutch: Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Dholavira, Vijaya Vilas Palace, Kalo Dungar, Kutch Museum, Mandvi Beach, Shree Swaminarayan Temple, Topansar Lake, Kandla Port
- Nearest Airport to Kutch: Bhuj Airport | Distance: 70 km
- Nearest Railway Station to Kutch: Bhuj Railway Station
5. Bir Billing: Try Paragliding in the Land of Monasteries
Bir Billing is a popular adventure hub that is known for mind-blowing activities. It is among the best places to visit in Feb in India because it is the best month when you can grab a bird’s eye view of this gorgeous valley through a thrilling paragliding expedition. Besides this charming hill town in Himachal Pradesh is known for its beautiful monasteries and quaintness. It is the perfect place to spend some quality time in the lap of nature.
- Location: Himachal Pradesh
- Things to Do in Bir Billing: Camping, Paragliding, Trekking, Mountain Biking
- Places to Explore in Bir Billing: Chokling Monastery, Dharmalaya Institute, Sherab Ling Monastery, Bir Tea Factory, Deer Park Institute, Baijnath Temple, Drukpa Kagyu Monastery, Chowgan Tea Gardens, Himalayan Film Institue, Bir Bazaar
- Nearest Airport to Bir Billing: Gaggal Airport | Distance: 68 km
- Nearest Railway Station to Bir Billing: Ahju railway station | Distance: 3 km
6. Pondicherry: Soak the Romantic Vibe of India’s French Riviera
If you are looking for the best places to visit in February for a honeymoon in India then trust me, nothing can be as romantic as the French Riviera of India, Pondicherry. This tropical paradise is home to untouched beaches and picturesque sites that are totally worth discovering. Besides, there are an array of thrilling activities, chic cafes, beachfront promenades and lighthouses which can make you fall in love with this classic French colony.
- Location: Coromandel Coast in South India
- Things to Do in Pondicherry: Boating, Scuba diving, Brid watching, Surfing, Photography, Shopping, Recreational activities
- Places to Explore in Pondicherry: French Quarters, Paradise Beach, Sri Auorobindo Ashram, Rock Beach, Puducherry Museum, French War Memorial, Bharathi Park
- Nearest Airport to Pondicherry: Pondicherry Airport (PNY)
- Nearest Railway Station to Pondicherry: Villupuram | Distance: 35km
7. Khajuraho: Experience the Eclectic Blend of Art & Culture