Gulmarg is one of the most popular skiing destinations in India that has got absolutely stunning beauty along with the picturesque landscapes. The snowfall, the panoramic mountains, the valleys, and everything is just beyond perfect. It is sure shot summer getaway for people who like chilling winters.
Gulmarg Gondola is one of the prime attractions of Gulmarg and is the second-highest cable car on the planet. The cable car rides are unquestionably meant to catch the excellence and quality of this place. The Gondola ride gives you the most luxurious sight of Gulmarg and Khilanmarg merged.
The first phase of the Gondola takes visitors to the height of 8,530 ft. to Kongdori Station and the second phase of the Gondola goes up to the tallness of 12293 ft. Visitors can enjoy horse riding or can visit the glorious "Strawberry Valley", Leopards Valley, and ride up to "Kongdori" to see the frozen lake of "Al-Pathar".
Gulmarg is a small village located in the Pir Panjal Peaks in the extreme western part of the Himalayan range of India. It was established as a Ski Resort by two British Army officers in 1927. It was considered as the favourite vacation destination for the Mughal and British rulers.
1. Apharwat Peak. Situated at a height of 4,390 meters above the sea level in Gulmarg, this place receives a very heavy amount of snowfall. Moreover, an interesting fact about this place is that the line of control is situated at a distance of just a few kilometres from this place. Apharwat peak offers the tourists an amazing sense of awe along with the scenic and majestic views of the valley. This is definitely a must-visit tourist attraction in Gulmarg.
2. Gulmarg Gondola. The Gulmarg Gondola is one of the world's highest operating cable cars. The highest lines are inclusive of the Dagu glacier in Sichuan, China. This lift ferries about 600 people on an hourly basis to and from the Kongdoori Mountain.
3. Alpather Lake. This lake is quite popular among tourists owing to its very nature of being frozen from the month of November to mid-June. The charming and spell-binding aura of this place is all and all a very soothing travel experience.
4. Ningle Nallah. The Ningle Nallah is quite a charming tourist destination to visit in Gulmarg. This alluring mountain stream flows through the phenomenally green valleys. The snow-capped mountains which are there in the backdrop of the blooming wildflowers successfully make a dreamlike setting for the overall place. And it is after passing through the mountains along with the valleys that this stream mixes into the Jhelum which is situated near Sopore.
5. Khilanmarg. If you want to know how a paradise may look like, then Khilanmarg is the kind of place which you should visit. The place is carpeted with flowers of varied colours and a divine ambience. And it is in the spring season that the beauty of this place is at its peak.
6. Maharani Temple. What is quite surprisingly interesting about this place is that in this particular temple all the rituals are specifically performed by a Muslim priest. Now, that is a great and unique reason to visit this tourist destination all the more.
Gulmarg is considered as one of the top travel getaways in India. Situated in the Pir Panjal Range, many people know Gulmarg as renowned skiing destination as well. It is located at a distance of 861, 2,221, 2,384, 3,037 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Check the deets on how you can travel to Gulmarg.
By Air. The nearest airport which is situated in Gulmarg is in Srinagar Airport (SXR) aka Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport. Owned by the Airports Authority of India along with Indian Military, it is just (approx) 59 kilometres away from Gulmarg. The airport was given the status of the International Airport in 2005. After deboarding at the airport, one can take local modes of transport like bus or taxi towards Gulmarg which should take an hour or two to reach here.
By Train. The nearest railway station is Jammu Tawi Railway Station (JAT) located at a distance of around 290 kilometres. It is considered to be the largest railway stations of the region and also one of the major railheads serving the city. The railway station is well-connected with other major cities of the country. After deboarding at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of local transportation available.
By Road. Gulmarg has overall good connectivity with nearby regions. There interstate and private buses available which frequently travel to and fro Gulmarg. If you don't want to travel on a bus, then you can also consider hiring private taxis from nearby cities. Otherwise, travelling by your own two/four wheeler is also a good option to travel here.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: