Delhi is not only the capital of India, but is also a hub for different festivals and events, especially, for the youngsters. And when it comes to food festivals, The Grub Fest surely tops the list.
This festival is all about celebrating different cuisines across the world. It is a one-stop-shop for all your taste-bud needs. It is India’s biggest food festival that puts on display food items from the best restaurants that impress us with their signature delicacies.
In addition to tasty food, great music is also played and performed to keep your spirits up. This festival takes place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in the metropolitan city of Delhi. The festival runs for three days and if you ever visit it, you would find it to be truly amazing.
Grub Fest is one of the biggest food festivals in India. It was founded by four people named Aman Kumar, Arjun Jain, Chaitanya Mathur, and Mani Singh Cheema in 2012. In 2016, there were around 70 restaurants that took part in the festival. It not only welcomes big names like Karim’s, Koyla Kebab but also allows several food trucks to take part in this popular event.
Each year, it welcomes over 100 restaurants across India and overseas. Along with food, they also include live music performances that are graced by artists like Bally Sagoo, Guru Randhawa, Hari and Sukhmani, Akhil Sachdeva, Anish Sood, and more.
The organisers also include different fun activities such as games, different carnival rides, Music Express, Horse Spin, and many more.
Here are some top restaurants that you would find at The Grub Fest.
1. The Bunta Bar. One of Delhi’s big names when it comes to Bars and Restaurants is Banta Bar. They spoil you with their interesting cuisines and amazing music.
2. Karim's. This gastronomic delight will also be present in the fest with their signature Mughlai Food including Mutton Raan, Keema Parantha, Badam Pasanda, Shahi Tukda, and many more. As usual, they again garner much attention and appreciation for their scrumptious food.
3. Cafe Hera Pheri. This one has some lip-smacking Indian and Continental food items to offer. It also catches a lot of attention for its incredibly delicious food.
4. Imperfecto. The very famous Imperfecto also marks its presence with its specialties and perfect ambiance.
5. Uncle Jack's. This American food franchise, Uncle Jack’s, has been one of the prime food joint attractions in the festival for years with its signature food items such as waffles, hot dogs, Panini, The Veggie Box, and others.
6. Artists Who Rock the Stage. There are numerous artists who rock the stage every year. Some names include Guru Randhawa, The Doorbeen, Astha Gill, and Divine.
7. Arcade of Fun. Well, there is something for everyone. It’s not just about food. Gamers can have the time of their lives too. Arcade gaming and plus-sized fun are all yours at The Grub Fest.
8. Grub Market. When you want to take a break from gorging on delicious food, come to grub marker and have your mind blown. There are several exhibitions here showcasing the coolest merchandise around.
9. Grub Theatre. How about you nudge your inner theatre nerd. For all those artistic people out there, this can be a great stepping stone into the theatrics world.
Air. The nearest airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport which is approx 15 kilometers away from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. One can easily get any mode of transport like bus, auto or taxi to reach JLN Stadium. Taking Delhi Metro would also be a convenient option. JLN Stadium Metro Station on the violet line is the nearest one to reach the fest. The stadium is just a few minutes walking from the metro station.
Rail. The nearest railway stations are New Delhi Railway Station and Anand Vihar Railway Station. One can easily get local transport from the station towards JLN Stadium. Booking a cab or taxi is the best option for a hassle-free experience.
Road. Delhi has well-connected roadways with its neighbouring cities such as Chandigarh, Mathura, Meerut and many more.
01 November 2020 - 03 November 2020
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
Leave a Reply: