Rann of Kutch is no less than a magical place to visit mainly due to the surreal landscapes which one can witness here. It is a perfect blend between the Arabian Sea and the Thar Desert which makes it even more attractive not just to the eyes but the soul itself.
And if you really want to see this magic unfurling before your eyes then you must visit here especially during night time, as nothing touches the beauty of this enormous desert under the ravishing full moon sky. It is during the night time when the great Rann of Kutch can be experienced in its impeccable beauty. What essentially comes across as cherry on the top of the cake are the programs held here during night time.
Being a popular tourist destination of Gujarat, Rann of Kutch is a great place to know the existential magnificence of nature. Here, you can take part in a variety of activities such as bird watching, enjoying the scrumptious delicacies and last but not the least, actively taking part in festivals like Rann Utsav.
The best time to visit Gujarat or Rann of Kutch is during winters for two reasons. One that winters are extremely pleasing, and weather is beautiful as compared to that of summer. Secondly, the most popular festival Rann Utsav starts in November and continues till February. Thus, it is a great time for you to plan your trip in this season.
It was the time of 1965 when a dispute broke out over the Indian and Pakistan border. This happened towards the western end of the Rann of Kutch. In April, some incidents of physical fights were also noted. During that time, Great Britain had to intervene to put an end to it. And as the result of this dispute, 10 per cent border was given to Pakistan whereas 90 per cent geographical area came under Indian provision.
1. Kalo Dungar. Also known as the black hills, Kalo Dungar is the highest point of Kutch from where one can enjoy the spectacular views of nature. Due to its height, you feel that you are at some other part of the world which is completely opposite to the urban scenery.
2. Mandvi Beach. It is quite a pristine seashore where you can hope to find some alone time for yourself. This beach, unlike many beaches in India, is very clean and the smooth fine sand here somewhat feels very inviting. Playing volleyball and indulging in other similar fun activities will simply cheer you up.
3. Kutch Museum. Founded in the year 1877 by Maharao Khengarji, this place has the largest collection of the Kashtarapa inscriptions placed here for the tourists and locals. Along with this, you can also find some really cool artefacts, folk arts and crafts collection with loads of historical data. For any history buff, this is a good opportunity to learn about the culture of the past.
4. Dholavira. One of the most remarkable places in Gujarat is the ancient ruins of Dholavira which were the part of the great Indus Valley Civilization. Indus Valley Civilization has been widely considered as one of the highly developed civilizations tracing its roots back to around 4,500 years.
5. Kutch Bustard Sanctuary. Known as the Lala Prajan Sanctuary, the primary motive of this place is the conservation of the Great Indian Bustard bird. It is truly a delight to witness and experience the fauna and flora of this place.
Rann of Kutch is basically a salt marsh where you can hope to find nothing but a nice blend of boundless sky and the endless desert. It is quite a great place to explore if you are looking for some thrilling moments. It is located at an overall distance of 1,219, 933, 1,895, 2,440 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata respectively. Here is how you can reach here via the following routes.
By Air. Gujarat has more than 10 airports in total. To name a few would be Surat International Airport, Bhuj Airport, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel International Airport. But the nearest airport from Rann of Kutch would be the Bhuj Airport. This airport is located at an overall distance of 90-100 km from Rann of Kutch.
Various airlines operate to and fro from Bhuj connecting Indian cities like Delhi, Indore, Bhopal, Jaipur, Jodhpur. As you deboard at the airport, you can cover the remaining distance by booking a cab or taking a bus.
By Train. Kutch doesn’t have its own railway station. Thus your best option to reach here is the railway station located in Bhuj. Compared to other railway stations, we can say that this station is not very busy. After deboarding at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by means of some public transportation. Here is the route to reach Bhuj here via train.
As you deboard at the train station you can take public transportation like a bus to reach Rann of Kutch.
By Road. You can also opt for travelling to Rann of Kutch by road. Here is the route that you can follow to reach this place by road. You can also opt for interstate buses to reach here.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: