Lachung Lachen and Yumthang Valley is one of the few divine valleys present in Sikkim. You will find high altitudes, distant calm, and above all, an amazing view of snowcapped mountains. There are just too many reasons to visit this valley. If you are a lover of soothing and pleasing weather rather than snowfall, then March to June is the suitable time to visit and in case you are a drop-dead fan of snowflakes, then you ought to be there in December-January.
1. Chopta Valley. For those who really want to experience something amazing, they shouldn’t be missing out on Chopta Valley. This valley is one of the most sought-after and quite a pleasant sightseeing place to explore. The lush snow-capped mountains here are quite awe-inspiring.
2. Chungthang. Chungthang is all that a history buff would ever need. This place is just the right one to explore and discover. You can see people here spending quality time with their loved ones. Furthermore, what is really interesting is the fact that this beautiful city is connected with three more destinations such as Kalimpong, Siliguri, and Darjeeling.
Also Read: This one is the perfect site for ski runs
3. Seven Sisters Waterfalls. This one is one of the most-visited waterfalls in India. This is one of the best places to visit in Lachung. Moreover, it is quite an amazing feeling to watch this waterfall in its natural raw form.
4. Thangu. You can visit Thangu, which is a very beautiful lake in Sikkim. It is also one of the most popular tourist attractions to visit and explore. This place being close to the Chinese border has a strong military presence as well.
5. Mangan. Mangan is another place which is just the perfect choice for you to shop around. Moreover, this place also boasts the view of Kanchenjunga mountain range which makes this place worth visiting.
6. Gurudongmar Lake. Gurudongmar Lake is another interesting place which you simply cannot afford to miss travelling to. This is one of the best tourist attractions to visit in Lachung. It is located at a very high altitude of around 5,430 m.
By Air. The Bagdogra airport is the nearest airport and from there you would need to get a cab or some other means of transportation.
By Train. The nearest station is the New Jalpaiguri train station and from there you would need to catch a cab or some other means of transportation.
By Road. The connectivity via road is quite good for travelling. So, if you are planning to visit this place then it would be a convenient experience for you.
Leave a Reply: