A charming village near Manali, Kothi is a newly emerged tourist destination that is gaining popularity owing to its stunning landscape and serene environ. Located at a distance of about 15 km from Manali, this fascinating place however, is little secluded in comparison but has sedating vibes making it a perfect haven for a quiet mountain holiday. Also emerged as a favourite Bollywood hotspot, this picturesque village grabs the attention of artists, trekkers, nature lovers, climbers, backpackers and almost everyone for its ethereal backdrop. It is one of the best offbeat places to visit in Himachal Pradesh where travelers can bask in the lap of nature savoring the most attractive vistas of dramatic glacial mountains along with gorgeous valleys and myriad wonders which are no less than a visual treat.
Best Time to Visit Kothi, Manali
Sitting gracefully at an altitude of 2500 m, the weather in Kothi remains cold all through the year varying between extreme cold to pleasantly cool. People prefer visiting here during the summer season which falls between March to June as the snow starts to melt and its gorgeous landscape is in full glory. Also, during this time of the year people can indulge in various activities like trekking, camping etc which are the best attractions of this quaint village.
Click Here to Book Manali Packages
Tourist Attractions of Kothi
From camping near the breathtaking gorge of river Beas to trekking and climbing the famous Rohtang Pass, there are many fascinating things to do in Kothi that makes it a worth visiting place especially when mountains are calling. Check out the major attractions and beautiful places to visit near Kothi that are mentioned below:
1. Enjoy the Scenic Beauty of Nature. Famous for its jaw dropping beauty, Kothi is a perfect place to grab the most beautiful view of nature. It is a perfect place that is close to Manali which captivates the laid back vacationers and adventure junkies alike.
2. Hiking & Trekking. Hiking and trekking are very popular in the mountain region and this part of the country is where thrill is to the next level. Many fascinating and endurance-testing trails are the reason why Kothi has gained so much popularity in the trekking circuit.
3. Camping. Kothi also grabs the attention of many adventure enthusiasts as it has many beautiful sites that are perfect for camping. You will find bikers, backpackers and holiday makers having a wonderful time camping near the bank of river Beas and foothills of mountains.
4. Visiting Rohtang Pass. Located barely at a distance of 37 km, Rohtang Pass is totally worth visiting when you are holidaying in Kothi village. It is one of the best tourist places to visit in Manali and its surrounding villages that will make your holiday even more memorable.
5. A Short Trip to Solang Valley. There is absolutely no dearth of beautiful places in Manali including Kothi and Solang Valley which are absolutely delightful for holiday makers and nature lovers. Located at a distance of 175 km, you can also consider extending your trip to Solang valley so that you can revel in the beauty of yet another treasure trove of Himachal Pradesh other than Kothi.
6. Drive Down to Marhi. Gateway to Rohtang trek, Marhi is a breathtaking stopover for many hikers and trekkers. It is located at a distance of just 9 km from Kothi and is yet another picturesque location where you can grab the most eye-popping views of magnificent mountain ranges covered in snow.
How to Reach Kothi Village in Manali
Manali is the major town which is a gateway to many beautiful places including Kothi which is why you will first have to reach this famous tourist destination of Himachal Pradesh. Manali is well connected to all major cities in India and you can consider traveling here by air, rail, bus or your own vehicle. Here’s a complete view of the best ways to reach Kothi, Manali.
Bhuntar Airport is the closest domestic airport to Kothi which is located in Kullu district and is about 63 km away from this picturesque village. After deboarding, you can hire a prepaid taxi from outside the airport that will drop you at your desired hotel in Kothi. Make sure to put your best negotiation skills because the cabbies here can ask you for anything between 3-5k.
Bhuntar Airport in Kullu is well connected to all major cities in India so you can easily book your flight to Bhuntar if you have to reach the tourist places in and around Manali. Also, you can consider Chandigarh Airport which is the next closest airport to reach Manali.
Click Here to Book Cheap Flight Tickets
The nearest railhead to Kothi is Joginder Nagar station, however, it is a narrow gauge track that is further connected to Pathankot by a Toy Train. Hence taking a train to Pathankot will be the best way to reach this beautiful place in Manali through train. First, board a train to Pathankot and from there you can change to a train for Joginder Nagar. After deboarding, you can hire a cab for your onward journey to Kothi.
Being one of the famous places to visit in Manali and located on the Leh-Manali Highway, the roads to Kothi and further ahead to Rohtang Pass are well maintained and easily accessible. Reaching Kothi by road is very easy and comfortable as there are regular buses of all categories available for Manali from all major cities in North India. After reaching Manali, you can take another bus from the bus stand that will drop you at Kothi.
Click Here to Book Cheap Bus Tickets
Other than that, reaching Kothi by your own vehicle is also very exciting as the driving through the well maintained mountain roads is truly memorable.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Kothi
Q 1. How can I go to Kothi?
A 1. You can easily reach Kothi from Manali by taking a road towards Rohtang Pass. From there you will reach Palchan which is about 11 km away. Drive straight towards Rohtang and just after 3 km you will arrive at Kothi.
Q 2. Where is Koti hill station?
A 2. Kothi is a popular hill station of Himachal Pradesh which is close to Manali.
Q 3. What is Kothi famous for?
A 3. Kothi is one of the best places to visit in Manali that is famous for its stunning landscape and serene environment. It is also a gateway to the very popular Rohtang Pass trek.
Q 4. Is Kothi safe?
A 4. Yes, Kothi is one of the safest destinations of India that embraces people from all over the world.
Book exclusive tour packages online with Adotrip and avail best offers, exciting deals, and end-to-end services. We ensure a memorable vacation to all our clients. With us, nothing is far!