Udaipur, also called the City of Lakes, is the gemstone of the territory of Rajasthan. It is encompassed by the excellent Aravalli Hills. This 'Venice of the East' has a wealth of characteristic magnificence, entrancing sanctuaries and amazing architecture which makes it a must-visit destination in India. A boat ride through the peaceful waters of Lake Pichola is perfect to show you why Udaipur is the pride of Rajasthan.
Situated in a valley and surrounded by four lakes, Udaipur Rajasthan has common contributions with a magnificence created by human effort, to make it the most charming and essential tourist destinations.
The best time to visit Udaipur is from the months of September to March as it is apt for sightseeing, travelling, exploring and discovering new things.
The Udaipur City of Rajasthan was founded by Maharana Udai Singh II in the year 1559. The city was formed as the capital of Mewar Kingdom. There are several legends behind the formation of Udaipur City. One interesting story is once Maharana Udai Singh was on his Hunting Expedition amidst the Aravalli Hills and he met a holy sage. The sage suggested the king establish a kingdom near this fertile area and he decided to form Udaipur City as the foundation was laid in 1557 AD.
1. Lake Pichola. Lake Pichola is one of the largest lakes which is situated in Udaipur. It is surrounded by some really beautiful mountains, temples bathing ghats along with the elevated hills which are on its sides.
2. The City Palace. The Palace can be rightly called one of the most brilliant marvels present in the state of Rajasthan. This city Palace is located on the banks of Lake Pichola and is also considered as a heritage building depicting some of the best elements of Rajput culture.
3. Fateh Sagar Lake. This is fundamentally an artificial lake which was named after Maharana Fateh Singh of Udaipur and Mewar. This place was located in the north of Lake Pichola in the 1680s and is one of the four lakes of the city.
4. Eklingji Temple. You should definitely visit the Eklingji Temple. The spiritual vibe which this amazing place has is quite exceptional. This temple has been dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known as one of the most famous temples of Rajasthan.
5. Jagdish Temple. This one is specifically dedicated to Lord Vishnu. This temple is known for its beautiful carvings along with numerous appealing statues. Moreover, the serenity of this place is what makes it an ideal choice for the seekers of solace and faith.
6. Doodh Talai Musical Garden. The Doodh Talai Musical Garden is fundamentally a rock and fountain garden. This place is simply amazing when it comes to enjoying things like a stroll with your partner or perhaps enjoying the sunset where one can see the expanse of the city.
Udaipur is one of the most tourist-loved destinations in entire India. Rajasthan is blessed with some mesmerizing destinations, Udaipur is surely one of those. Be it heritage palaces, be it enchanting lakes, be it art villages, be it temples and other religious places, or be it serene natural landscapes; Udaipur offers a lot to its visitors. If you are planning for a trip to Udaipur and getting confused about how to reach there; we are here to help you. There are several ways to reach Udaipur. It is one of the most well-connected cities in Rajasthan. It is situated at a distance of 660 km, 1795 km, 1288 km, and 1719 km from Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru respectively. We are providing the details of the road route, air route, and rail route to reach Udaipur. You can choose any of them according to your budget and preferences.
By Air. Udaipur has Maharana Pratap Airport. It is situated at Dabok, which is 22 km east from Udaipur. So you can take a car or a cab to reach Udaipur.
By Train. Udaipur railway station is just 3 km away from the city centre. You can board Shalimar express or Annannya Express from Howrah Jn. to reach Udaipur. Chetak Express, Mewar Express or Raj Hamsafar express, etc. will take you to Udaipur railway station from Delhi. If you are travelling from Mumbai, you can board Humsafar express from Bandra terminus to reach Udaipur.
By Road. Udaipur is one of the most well-connected cities in entire Rajasthan. The roads are in good condition. Several buses depart from cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Chittore, Ahmedabad, etc. to reach Udaipur. Udaipur bus stand has a good connection with the major cities from the rest of the country. You can take the bus route as it is the most convenient transport option. Remember, the roads have gone through the desert. So the weather is hot. Carry adequate water.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here