Rajasthan is one of those states that is known for its rich culture and brave warriors and to celebrate the same, Kumbhalgarh Festival takes place every year in the state. While it is quite a fun event, it also is an effort to preserve the region’s art and culture.
The three-day annual festival will be celebrated at Kumbhalgarh Fort, built by Maharana Kumbha of Mewar, from December 1 through December 3. The festival showcases various aspects of Rajasthan which majorly include art and culture, light and sound shows, exhibitions, etc.
Apart from this, some Bollywood's biggies perform during the night shows. The most interesting part of the festival is the beautifully decorated Kumbhalgarh Fort that looks astonishing and gives a festival-like feeling.
1. Sufi. It is a whirling dance form which is also considered as meditation. Several famous dance troupes perform at the event and spread a soothing ambience. One can feel the serenity while watching the impressive performances of these troupes.
2. Kalbeliya. It is one of the folk dance forms of Rajasthan that is performed for ages and has also gained international recognition. Here at Kumbhalgarh Festival, one can enjoy the mind-blowing performances by experienced artists.
3. Bhavai. It is another form of Rajasthani Folk Dance which is internationally popular. The dance form is performed by men and women balancing earthen pots on their heads and is a very delightful spectacle one can experience.
4. Chari. It is another Rajasthani dance form which is performed by a group of female artists. During the performance, a group of female Chari dancers in beautiful and colourful Rajasthani traditional attire perform the dance. This includes holding a flaming pot on their head and swirl around without even touching it. It is an adventurous experience for one and all.
5. Peacock. Another dance form of the Rajasthan region is played by a group of male artists. In this dance performance, their bodies are painted like a peacock while they also carry some props. It can be another thing to look out for at the festival.
6. Kathak. Renowned Kathak dancers contribute to entertaining the audience and introduce them to the heritage of India.
7. Bharatnatyam. This is another classical dance form that was originated in the state of Tamil Nadu. It showcases the south Indian culture and religion.
8. Kuchipudi. It finds its mention in the Hindu Sanskrit text of Natya Shastra. It is one of those dance forms that is mostly interpreted as a storytelling method where crisp and sharp hand gestures are used to communicate with the audience.
9. Manipuri. It is also known as Jagoi which is named after the northeastern state of Manipur as it originated there.
10. Puppetry Corner (Kathputli) by Bhartiya Lok Kala Mandal, Rajasthan
The famous puppet show is performed at the event by renowned Lok Kala Mandal. It is performed by balancing strings that pass from the top of the puppet over the puppeteers. It is one of the great performances at the event one can enjoy.
11. Music Performances. Several Rajasthani Folk music is performed at the event which includes Panihari, Monsoon songs and many more. When it comes to classical music, one can get to listen to Carnatic Music, Hindustani Music, and several Ragas.
12. Bollywood Performances. Renowned singers and actors grace the stage of Kumbhalgarh Fort with their amazing performances to entertain the audience.
13. Exhibition. One can enjoy exhibitions also that are mostly organized during the day time of the event. The exhibition includes handicrafts, ethnic attires, handmade jewellery, and some souvenirs.
Kumbhalgarh is an exotic and culturally vibrant town where you can hope to spend some really good times with your loved ones. The whole atmosphere of the town is really amazing to experience. It is located at a distance of about 615, 828, 1,880, 1,797 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can travel to Kumbhalgarh by the following means of transportation.
By Air. Kumbhalgarh does not have its airport. The nearest airport is Udaipur Airport which is 115 kilometres away from the destination. The airport is situated in Dabok which is well-developed, consisting of restaurants, hotels, etc. Air India, Alliance Air and Vistara are some of the renowned names in airline services that land at Udaipur Airport with regular flights from and to Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai. Once you reach the airport, you can easily get local modes of transportation like bus, auto or taxi to reach Kumbhalgarh.
By Rail. The nearest airport is Falna Railway Station which is 84 kilometres away from Kumbhalgarh Fort. The railway station is well-connected to major cities of India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru via trains ADISJ RAJDHANI, AJMER EXPRESS, KOAA ADI EXPRESS and JODHPUR EXPRESS respectively.
By Road. The road connectivity of Kumbhalgarh is great with its nearby cities as well as neighbouring states. The cities include Rajsamand (48km), Nathdwara (51km), and Sadri (60km). If you are planning a road trip from Delhi to Kumbhalgarh, then it is surely a great idea as you are going to enjoy every bit of it. Kumbhalgarh Fort is 530 kilometres away from Delhi and the road distance between them is 613.9 kilometres via National Highways 48 and 58.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
01 December 2020 - 03 December 2020
Leave a Reply: