The World Music Festival is a cultural event that brings together artists from all over the globe. And it takes place nowhere other than the cultural hotspot of the state of Rajasthan, Udaipur.
You will see here many famous faces from the music industry performing their best works. Apart from enjoying their masterpiece gigs, you also get to enjoy the culture and trends of the state which are nothing short of a treat.
The main purpose of the World Music Festival is to make you lose yourself in music. Turn up the volume, close your eyes and let the music take over your soul - that's exactly the kind of vibe oozed by the World Music Festival in Rajasthan. The state is known more for its traditional and ethnic festivals, that started taking place hundreds of years ago from now.
This music festival is very popular and is known for its fantastic participants and performers. People from almost more than 16 countries come down and perform in this huge gathering of music lovers. If you get a chance, do not even think of missing this wonderful event filled with talented musicians. It happens in Udaipur which is again a splendid tourist attraction in Rajasthan.
1. Artist Line-up. You get to see over 150 artists live at the World Music Festival. While many of them are famous names and some are first-timers as well who entertain the audience with their soul-piercing music. Some of the prominent names include London Community Gospel Choir, Kabir Café, Azam Ali, etc.
2. Vivid Genres. It literally rains genres over here! World Music Festival is known to be home to a wide variety of music from different categories. Some of the prominent genres you will find here are rock, pop music, punk rock, blues, hip hop, jazz, heavy metal, indie rock, and so many more.
3. Amazing Concerts. The concerts here are truly mesmerizing. The festival begins with rather calm romantic and meditative notes in the afternoon but ends with really high energy concerts in the evening.
4. Different Venues. The festival is held in February, right when we are transitioning from cold winter to pleasant spring. Rajasthan truly blooms during this period. So, to help tourists see its beauty in all dimensions, the fest is arranged at different venues, letting people enjoy it in all its glory.
5. A cultural mashup. The World Music Festival aims to bring different cultures together and believes that music truly has no language. To keep the tempo alive, many artists in this three-day extravaganza are invited from far-away countries like Italy, Portugal, France, Egypt, and Iran.
6. Some Stellar Performances. There are some popular names who are known to enthral the audience every time. People swear by their performances and keep swaying to their tunes for hours. Some of the names include Ravi Joshi, Ankur Tewari, Mico Kendes, Mame Khan, etc. There are also some people-favourite bands such as Schnellertollermeier (a Swiss band), When Chai Met Toast, and the Ghalat Family.
Source: NDTV Profit Shows
To reach Udaipur, you will need to cover a total distance of about 573, 836, 1,687, 1,616 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can reach the city of Udaipur by the following means of public transportation.
By Air. If planning to travel by air, then deboard at the Udaipur Airport aka Maharana Pratap Airport (UDR). This airport is well-routed with other Indian cities and districts. Once off the airport, you can easily book a taxi or take a bus to reach your respective destination.
By Train. Deboard at the Udaipur City Railway Station (UDZ). With a total of six platforms, this railway station is well-connected with other Indian cities with trains running to and fro at great frequency. After getting off the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
From Delhi - Board Mewar Exp Spl from Hazrat Nizamuddin Station and deboard at Udaipur City Station
By Road. Depending upon your location, you can also consider travelling to Udaipur by well-maintained and motorable road networks. From the nearby cities, you can easily book a taxi or hop on interstate/private buses to reach here. Apart from both these options, you can also travel via your own vehicle to Udaipur.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
07 February 2020 - 09 February 2020
Leave a Reply: