The World Music Festival is a cultural event that brings together artists from all over the globe. And it takes place nowhere other than the cultural hotspot of the state of Rajasthan, Udaipur.
You will see here many famous faces from the music industry performing their best works. Apart from enjoying their masterpiece gigs, you also get to enjoy the culture and trends of the state which are nothing short of a treat.
The main purpose of the World Music Festival is to make you lose yourself in music. Turn up the volume, close your eyes and let the music take over your soul - that's exactly the kind of vibe oozed by the World Music Festival in Rajasthan. The state is known more for its traditional and ethnic festivals, that started taking place hundreds of years ago from now.
This music festival is very popular and is known for its fantastic participants and performers. People from almost more than 16 countries come down and perform in this huge gathering of music lovers. If you get a chance, do not even think of missing this wonderful event filled with talented musicians. It happens in Udaipur which is again a splendid tourist attraction in Rajasthan.
1. Artist Line-up. You get to see over 150 artists live at the World Music Festival. While many of them are famous names and some are first-timers as well who entertain the audience with their soul-piercing music. Some of the prominent names include London Community Gospel Choir, Kabir Café, Azam Ali, etc.
2. Vivid Genres. It literally rains genres over here! World Music Festival is known to be home to a wide variety of music from different categories. Some of the prominent genres you will find here are rock, pop music, punk rock, blues, hip hop, jazz, heavy metal, indie rock, and so many more.
3. Amazing Concerts. The concerts here are truly mesmerizing. The festival begins with rather calm romantic and meditative notes in the afternoon but ends with really high energy concerts in the evening.
4. Different Venues. The festival is held in February, right when we are transitioning from cold winter to pleasant spring. Rajasthan truly blooms during this period. So, to help tourists see its beauty in all dimensions, the fest is arranged at different venues, letting people enjoy it in all its glory.
5. A cultural mashup. The World Music Festival aims to bring different cultures together and believes that music truly has no language. To keep the tempo alive, many artists in this three-day extravaganza are invited from far-away countries like Italy, Portugal, France, Egypt, and Iran.
6. Some Stellar Performances. There are some popular names who are known to enthral the audience every time. People swear by their performances and keep swaying to their tunes for hours. Some of the names include Ravi Joshi, Ankur Tewari, Mico Kendes, Mame Khan, etc. There are also some people-favourite bands such as Schnellertollermeier (a Swiss band), When Chai Met Toast, and the Ghalat Family.
Source: NDTV Profit Shows
Udaipur is one of the most beautiful and visited cities of the state of Rajasthan. It is very well-connected to other major cities by road, rail and air. The nearest airport and railway station are in Udaipur itself which is quite near to the city centre.
People can take other road transport options like buses and taxis as well from nearby cities.
07 February 2020 - 09 February 2020
Leave a Reply: