Mohali, also known as S.A.S Nagar aka Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar is a commercial hub which is situated in close proximity to the union territory of Chandigarh. It lies in the S.A.S Nagar district and is the administrative headquarters of the same.
The name of the city is named after the eldest son of Guru Gobind Sahib but is majorly referred to as Mohali. The city is growing rapidly with a promising pace and would soon become an IT hub in the state. Apart from this, there are many sporting venues in the city like the cricket stadiums, hockey stadiums, golf courses where a lot of youngsters can be seen almost every day.
If you are planning to visit Mohali, then, the months from October to November would be the best time period to plan your trip, as the overall temperature and climatic conditions are quite suitable for tourism activities.
During the time of India's independence in 1947, Punjab went through a lot of bloodsheds. This was the time when Punjabi Suba Movement had started and didn't end until November 01, 1966, which was when trifurcation of Punjab happened. As a result of this, Mohali was born. Then, in 1967, the region surrounding Mohali was majorly developed in the form of an industrial estate and was soon broadened with more residential areas for the purpose of meeting housing demands.
1. Gurudwara Amb Sahib. The Gurudwara is one of the best places to visit in Mohali. Holding a great spiritual significance, it is a must-visit for any person who wants to know the supreme truth. Due to its popularity, the Gurudwara sees a lot of tourists and devotees flocking all year round.
2. Thunder Zone Amusement and Waterpark. The Thunder Zone Amusement and Water Park is the spot to head to if you are looking for some excitement and fun. The park covers an area of about 11 acres and offers a plethora of rides and activities such as a striking car, swinging chairs and even music bob.
3. Gurudwara Puddha Sahib. It is one of the most famous Sikh shrines to explore while on your visit to Mohali. On a daily basis, a considerable amount of devotees visit this place for seeking guidance regarding the daily aspect of their lives.
4. Nabha Sahib. This place lets you experience the spiritual grandeur of Sikhism. This Gurudwara is situated on the Zirakpur Highway which is in the Mohali District. It was here that the head of the Guru Tegh Bahadur, who was both a Sikh warrior and the ninth guru of the Sikhs, had fallen. And if the legend is to be believed then, the guru’s head was picked up by the Bhai Jaita who further gave it to the guru’s family for cremation in Anandpur.
5. Gurudwara Koohni Sahib. This site is located on the Chandigarh-Mansa Devi Road. And earlier it was known by the name of Bageecha Sahib. The legend behind this shrine is equally interesting to know according to which there was a Brahmin girl by the name of Anapurna who used to meditate for Guru Sahib. Happy with her devotion and sadhana, the Guru Sahib blessed her that a Gurudwara would be built in her name here.
Mohali is a commercial city located south-west of Chandigarh. It is located at an approximate distance of about 245, 1,657, 1,768, and 2,421 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can travel to Mohali via the following means of public transportation.
By Air. From Mohali, Chandigarh Airport is located at a distance of around 15 km from Mohali. The airport is very well-connected via flights with various Indian cities. And from the airport, you will need to take a taxi or some other means of transportation to travel further.
By Train. Chandigarh station is the nearest railway station. It has fairly good connectivity with other Indian cities. After you deboard at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
By Road. Mohali is very well connected via well-maintained motorable road networks and national highways. So, if you are wondering about visiting Mohali by road then it will be a convenient option. To travel, you can consider booking a private or interstate bus, hire a cab, or if it suits you well, then, self-drive.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here