As the name suggests, this beach is indeed a fine example of impeccable serenity. It is so peaceful, romantic and divine that anyone visiting here would simply fall in love with this tourist spot. Especially for lovers, this travel getaway is an unmissable spot. Its excellent beauty plus the exquisite quietness lures the tourists here. Surfing is another exciting activity which happens here and is great for having that little extra fun.
The months of October to March would be quite suitable for you to visit and soak in the charm of this amazing beach getaway.
1. Auroville. It is a great town to visit with your loved ones. The amazing vibe and the overall charm which this amazing place has to offer is out and out amazing and worth experiencing in every subtle nuance.
2. Gingee Fort. The Gingee Fort is also known as the Senji Fort. It is considered as one of the surviving forts in Tamil Nadu. It is situated in Villupuram District which is around 160 kilometres from the state capital of Chennai and is also quite close to Puducherry.
3. Government Museum of Puducherry. Situated on the Saint Louis Street, this museum is open every day except Monday. The public visiting hours are between 10 am-5 pm. This museum is situated in the former Law Building. Moreover, in this museum, you will also be finding a very rare collection of bronzes and even stone sculptures from the Pallava and Chola dynasties.
4. Basilica Of The Sacred Heart Of Jesus. If you are wondering which place to visit or what to do around Serenity Beach then, one of the best options to consider would be to go and experience the Basilica Of The Sacred Heart of Jesus. This place has got an amazing spiritual vibe which attracts lots of people all year round.
5. Silver Beach. It is one of the most amazing places to visit around and experience its natural beauty in all its might. You can see families strolling on the sands having fun and playing around.
Serenity beach is a place that is bound to amaze you with its scenic vistas and captivating sight of fishing boats, people enjoying surfing, shopping at flea market, and savouring snacks at beach shacks. All these things make serenity beach a must-visit tourist spot in Puducherry. The beach is approximately 2355km via NH44, 1300km via AH 47, 1800km via NH16, and 314km via NH77 from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru, respectively. Scroll down to access information regarding the best travel modes and routes to reach Serenity beach.
By Air. Located 5km away, Puducherry airport is the nearest airport to serenity beach if you are planning to arrive here by air. You may hire a cab from the airport that will take not more than 15 minutes to take you to the beach. There are regular flights to Puducherry from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru that are run by airlines like Vistara, Air India, GoAir, Indigo, AirAsia, and SpiceJet.
By Train. Villupuram Junction railway station is the nearest to Serenity beach. The junction is located at a distance of 42km from the beach, and it witnesses the arrival and departure of trains from major cities of the country like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru. From the station, you will either have to take a taxi or any other means of public transportation to reach your destination.
By Road. The connectivity via road network is also quite good as Puducherry is connected to other cities via national and state highways. Road trips are highly economical and bring the opportunity to experience the beauty and life of the countryside. Mentioned below is the estimate of distance and the best route to take if arriving from the nearby cities.
Besides the self-drive option, you may also consider travelling by state and private tourist buses to reach Puducherry. These tourist buses are budget-friendly and equipped with luxurious amenities.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here