Located in the Kishtwar district, this park is situated on a plateau above the Chenab river. One highlighting feature of this place is the cultivation of Saffron, which is done for a limited amount of time only.
Kishtwar National Park covers an area of around 400-500 sq.km and is known for its wide variety of flora and fauna. Primarily, this wildlife park was established to protect snow leopards. Apart from the snow leopards, some of the prominent wild animal species found here currently are - the musk deer, Himalayan black bear, and brown bear. This destination is apt for the nature lovers who would hardly be able to resist this beauty.
At Kishtwar National Park you get to see some of the most terrific variety of flora and fauna. For instance, here you will find about 50 species of birds along with a great number of animals to explore and know the vast and diverse life which our planet has. For photographers, this place has to offer an abundance of opportunity when it comes to clicking incredible pictures of the raw glory of nature.
Declared as a National Park on February 4, 1981, Kishtwar National Park is located amid the deep valleys and the herculean mountains showcasing the unexplored beauty of nature.
Since the time of this declaration, it has successfully gained a lot of traction amongst the local tourists. Apparently, there are many records of this place that are mentioned in the historical texts. One of them is Rajatarangini - a Sanskrit text which was written in the 12th century.
1. Pensi La. Pensi La is located at an altitude of 4200m. It is a famous tourist attraction around Kishtwar National Park and is known for being the gateway from the Suru Valley to Zanskar Valley. Talking about the variety of flora, here you will be finding a plethora of medicinal plants. With all this, Kishtwar National Park is no less than heaven for wildlife explorers and photographers as well.
2. Drang Drung Glacier. This picturesque travel getaway is worth every ounce of your time and energy. It's mesmerizing charm lets you know that there is just so much you still don’t know about life and travel; and that your idea of beauty is probably flawed. It is precisely where the shift of perspective happens, opening up a whole new dimension of life.
3. Daksum. A planned trip to Daksum won't disappoint you at all. It is situated at a great altitude of 2,400 meters. Moreover, it is also quite famous as a trekking spot among travellers and adventure seekers.
4. Suru Valley. The Valley is known for its amazing lush greenery. And it is also a very famous trekking destination among adventure seekers. Some of the most popular tourist attractions of this place include the Phokar rock carvings, Suru river, and Panikhar villages.
5. Panikhar. Located at the very far end of the Suru valley, Panikhar is majorly famous for the presence of a ruined fort constructed by Zorawar Singh. From here, you get to witness some of the most amazing views of the Nun Kun mountains.
This national park is one of the most beautiful places to explore locally in the region. Known for its exquisite natural beauty, this park is one of the hot favourites of tourists. It is located at a distance of about 700, 2,100, 2,300, 2,900 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can reach Kishtwar National Park.
By Air. The nearest airport is the Jammu Airport (IXJ) which is around 250 km away from the park. This airport has good flight connectivity with nearby and major Indian cities and can only handle domestic flights. It has been ranked as the 27th busiest airports in India. From the airport, you would need to get a cab or some other means of public transportation to reach here.
By Train. The nearest railway station is Jammu station located at a distance of around 200-220 km from Kishtwar National Park. It has been fairly well-connected with nearby and major cities. Some good train options to reach here are Jhelum Express, Jammu Tawi Rajdhani Express, Udhampur AC Express. From the station, you would need to get a cab or a bus to reach here.
By Road. The overall connectivity via road is not that good, so, it is best advised to travel by flight or trains. The road is properly only made till Ikhala and from there you can avail the bus services. However, still, if you are an adventure enthusiast, you can consider travelling here by road.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: