Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary is truly a treasure trove of natural beauty where one can find nature’s picturesque vistas in abundance. This place is a paradise for travellers in many ways - the diversity of wildlife, the mountains, and the climate, everything is just so extreme and enormous at the same time.
Located in an area of 1,600 km into the east of Tibet, this sanctuary is relatively hard to travel to; this is due to the rough geographical route but in the end, it is worth every single drop of sweat. The sanctuary is also home to some of the highest-elevated water lakes like Tso Moriri.
Apart from the spectacular landscapes and sensational horizons, the Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary is also about discovering the diverse spectrum of flora and fauna.
Here, you get to find around 200 different species of plants and animals like snow leopard, Kiang (Tibetan wild ass), the dark necked crane and many others. So, if you have a strong desire to initiate an adventure in your life then this is the kind of tourist destination which you can’t afford to miss.
The months from June to September is the best time to visit the Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary. The overall temperature during this particular time is quite good for sightseeing as well as exploring around.
There was a time when this particular region was ruled by the followers of Zhangzhung culture. It was an ancient culture which even, interestingly, pre-dates the Tibetan Buddhism.
Being associated with the Bon religion, this culture has heavily influenced the philosophies and the practices which are related to Tibetan Buddhism. The people from this timeline are frequently mentioned in the ancient Tibetan texts as the original rulers of the central and western Tibet.
1. Pangong Lake. The immense beauty of the sparkling blue waters of this lake will melt your heart away. This glacial lake is located at an approximate height of 4350 meters. At such a height all that remains for you to find is solace, god and some inner-peace, and this is precisely what Pangong promises you to offer with.
2. Khardung La Pass. Gateway to the Nubra and Shyok valleys, Khardung La Pass is all about finding something ever-evading and ever-elusive from the grasp of the human mind - happiness. Along with that, you will also get an opportunity to connect with your inner-self.
3. Tso Moriri Lake. Located in the breathtakingly beautiful Rupshu Valley, Tso Moriri is nestled amid the mighty mountains. This heavenly tourist destination comes across as very sacred and raw, and perhaps that is its highlighting reason for being an epic travel getaway.
4. Nubra Valley. This valley offers nature’s charm on an epic scale. The surrounding mountains and the arid geography strongly resonates with something that is substantial and pure. It is a must-have experience for anyone who loves to travel.
5. Shanti Stupa. It is a brilliant example of Tibetan architecture and is all about finding joy and inner-solace. The dominating altitude of this structure has the wildest and most unforgettable views of nature to offer.
6. Alchi Monastery. Alchi is a treasure trove of history. It is here that you will be finding Alchi Monastery - an ancient monastery, which sees a great amount of footfall on an annual basis. Built around 985-1055 AD by Guru Rinchen Zangpo, this monastery is just the right place to visit for spiritually inclined people.
Leh, Ladakh is a place truly like no other. Every corner of this tourist destination has been carved by God in the most delightful manner, and one of the gems of this place is this wildlife sanctuary. It is located at a distance of about 1,009, 2,415, 3,179, 2,526 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata respectively. Here is how you can reach Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary.
By Air. Perhaps the easiest way to reach Leh, Ladakh is via air. The nearest airport is the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (IXL). Considered as the 23rd highest airport globally, the airport has great connectivity with other cities. Interestingly, due to its location in the mountains, it is also referred to as one of the most scenic airports in the world. After getting off the airport, you will need a private taxi or a jeep which are available locally, to further reach your destination.
By Train. The nearest train station is Udhampur located in Jammu and Kashmir with a total of 3 platforms which have been interconnected by foot over bridges. This station has good connectivity with other cities. After getting off the station, you will need to further cover a distance of around 800 km. For this, you can hire a taxi or a bus.
By Road. Because of the uncertain climatic conditions, it is generally not recommended to travel to this place via the road network. However, still, many people prefer to travel here via road, especially the bikers who prefer the Manali Srinagar route to travel here. From Leh, you can hire a taxi to reach here, however, that would prove very costly for you. You can also consider travelling by bus, but there aren't many options available regarding the same.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: