One of the mesmerizing places of Rajasthan is Mandawa that is located in Jhunjhunu District of India. Mostly famous for palaces and forts, the town has got international laurels. Not only domestic tourists, but you will also see a huge number of international tourists every year. Apart from the historical sites, you will also love to explore the sands, the rich history, and amazing cuisine.
If you are planning a family vacation, you can choose the winter months to visit Mandawa.
The Mandawa town was founded by Mandu Jat. Previously Mandawa was called the 'Mandu ki Dhani', then it became Mandu ka Bas and finally it was changed to Mandawa.
1. Mandawa Fort. It is the beautiful evidence bestowed upon us by history. It has been built in the 18th century, still, it has the essence to impress the locals as well as tourists. The colourful painting on walls and the inscriptions are examples of tremendous artwork. It is a perfect marvel from Rajasthani Architecture.
2. Sewaram Saraf Haveli. This old yet visually appealing haveli manages to impress you throughout the exploration of the site. This place also has been the centre of attraction for several movie shoots.
3. Murmuria Haveli. If you are into the beautiful Murmuria Haveli, you will be mesmerized with the utmost artistic work that has been done in the bygone era. Moreover, you will also notice the fine paintings by the then-painter Balu Ram.
4. Shopping. When are in Mandawa, you cannot miss roaming around the local bazaar of Mandawa. Apart from souvenir shopping, the other antiques you can buy from here are local handicrafts, paintings etc.
5. Bungli Restaurant. Let the taste of Rajasthan flow on your tongue. This Bungli Restaurant is known for delicious Rajasthani cuisine. You will definitely leave with sumptuous memories.
Mandawa is one of the most famous destinations in the entire Rajasthan. People who love to explore the heritage forts and havelis, go gaga over Mandawa. Mandawa is enriched with the forts and Havelis, which carry the memoirs of ancient Rajasthan. People from far across the globe come here, just to witness the brilliant detailings and aesthetics of the forts and Havelis in Mandawa. If you are planning for a trip to Mandawa and finding it hard to sort out the route, we are here to help. Though Mandawa is one of the most famous destinations in Rajasthan, it is not very well-connected. Mandawa is located at a distance of 236 km, 1727 km, 2082 km, and 1731 km from Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Hyderabad respectively. There are air routes, rail routes, and road routes. We are providing the details. You can choose any of them according to your budget and preferences.
By Air. Mandawa does not have an airport of its own. The nearest airport is the Jaipur International Airport, which is 182 km away from Mandawa. However, Jaipur International Airport has a very smooth connection with other major cities of India, such as Jaisalmer, Indore, Mumbai, Bhopal, etc.
By Train. Mandawa does not have a railway station of its own. The nearest railway station is the Jhunjhunu railway station, which is located at a distance of 27 km from Mandawa. Jhunjhunu railway station is not a well-connected station. Still, six trains are passing through here at present. It is well connected with cities like Jaipur, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Rewari, and Sikar.
Jaipur junction is located at a distance of 167 km from Mandawa. You can board Bikaner express from Howrah to reach Jaipur. If you are travelling from New Delhi, board Ashram express, Ajmer Shatabdi Express, etc. to reach Jaipur. From Mumbai, you can board Jaipur Duronto express to reach Udaipur.
By Road. Mandawa is well-connected by bus routes. There are government and non-government buses you can board to reach Mandawa. Buses leave from cities like Jodhpur, Jaipur, Surat, Baruch, etc. You can choose among Volvo, AC Seater, AC sleeper, Non AC Sleeper, and Non AC seater buses.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here