One of the mesmerizing places of Rajasthan is Mandawa that is located in Jhunjhunu District of India. Mostly famous for palaces and forts, the town has got international laurels. Not only domestic tourists, but you will also see a huge number of international tourists every year. Apart from the historical sites, you will also love to explore the sands, the rich history, and amazing cuisine.
If you are planning a family vacation, you can choose the winter months to visit Mandawa.
The Mandawa town was founded by Mandu Jat. Previously Mandawa was called the 'Mandu ki Dhani', then it became Mandu ka Bas and finally it was changed to Mandawa.
1. Mandawa Fort. It is the beautiful evidence bestowed upon us by history. It has been built in the 18th century, still, it has the essence to impress the locals as well as tourists. The colourful painting on walls and the inscriptions are examples of tremendous artwork. It is a perfect marvel from Rajasthani Architecture.
2. Sewaram Saraf Haveli. This old yet visually appealing haveli manages to impress you throughout the exploration of the site. This place also has been the centre of attraction for several movie shoots.
3. Murmuria Haveli. If you are into the beautiful Murmuria Haveli, you will be mesmerized with the utmost artistic work that has been done in the bygone era. Moreover, you will also notice the fine paintings by the then-painter Balu Ram.
4. Shopping. When are in Mandawa, you cannot miss roaming around the local bazaar of Mandawa. Apart from souvenir shopping, the other antiques you can buy from here are local handicrafts, paintings etc.
5. Bungli Restaurant. Let the taste of Rajasthan flow on your tongue. This Bungli Restaurant is known for delicious Rajasthani cuisine. You will definitely leave with sumptuous memories.
Mandawa town is located in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan.
Air. The nearest airport is Sanganeer airport aka Jaipur International Airport. It will take almost 3 hours to reach Manadawa from Jaipur International Airport. Offering regular domestic and international flights by renowned airline services like IndiGo, Air India, Air India Express, Oman Air, SpiceJet; the airport is well-connected to major cities of India as well as major cities of overseas.
Rail. The closest railway stations are Nua railway station, Dundlod Mukundgarh railway station and Kayamsar railway station. If you are travelling from other cities of states of India, it is easier to deboard at Jaipur Railway Station which is approximately 168 kilometres away from Mandawa which will take around more than 3 hours to reach. The outer premises of the railway station is equipped with several local modes of transport like bus, taxi and auto. once can take any of these commuting sources to reach Mandawa.
Road. The roadways of Rajasthan is well interconnected and also with other neighbouring regions. There are frequent buses you can get towards Mandawa served by Rajasthan Transport Corporation or you can take any private bus but can be a little overwhelming.