Colva Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches located in South Goa. What's likeable about this beach is the fact that it is not very crowded as compared to the beaches situated in North Goa and is also comparatively quieter. The fact that it is one of the oldest and also the largest beaches in Goa makes it worth giving a shot. People who are looking for peace should definitely visit this place. White sands along with long coconut palms can totally sway you away. It is an amazing travel retreat for people living there to be able to take a walk by the beach as sunsets in the backdrop.
Its popularity and natural beauty are the two major reasons to plan a trip to Goa and visit Colva Beach. The nearby food shops, Portuguese quarters with immense history and urban beauty will make your visit all the more interesting.
So, if you are looking for some really interesting travel destinations where you could explore the serenity of nature along with satisfying your culinary desires then Colva Beach is a great option to discover. It is a place which speaks for itself when it comes to history, cultural elegance and architecture. All of this makes Colva Beach a place worth exploring and discovering around.
September to March is the best time to visit Colva Beach; the overall weather remains comfortable during this time of the year. The summer season is blazing hot and the monsoon is also not that great for planning a trip to this place.
Initially, Colva used to be a very vast and barren land. From here, one could see the scenic views of the Arabian sea. The Mughals and the people from the Adil Shahi Dynasty preferred the northern and hilly regions of Goa. And this was where they built their forts and defences as well.
However, from 1510 and till 1961 this place was under the control of Portuguese. It was considered as the village of the Portuguese Roiz family who were further the descendants of Dr. Diogo Rodrigues. He was considered as the Lord of Colva. He was the first man who built the first Portuguese architectural residential house in 1551. Even this entire beach which was known as Praia da Colva belonged to him.
1. Water Sports. Some really exhilarating water sports can be experienced here at Colva Beach. The waters of this beach are safe for swimming. When you visit the beach, you’d find red flags covering an area, marking the safe region to swim in the sea. Many other sports can be enjoyed here as well such as a banana boat or motorboat rides.
2. Powdery White Sand. One can enjoy the powdery white sand, lined with coconut trees. Yes, in fact, this sand only adds to the overall charm of this place and hence becomes a reason to explore it even more with a fresh perspective. The striking houses along with the villas are some other reasons to discover Colva beach.
3. Benaulim Village and Beach. Located 2km in the south direction, this place is quite frequented by tourists and locals alike. It is really an ideal location to have some real fun with your loved ones.
4. Shopping. One of the best things which you can do here is to shop around some of the most colourful dresses, jewellery, jute items in the local market.
5. Colva Beach Shacks and Restaurants. This place has a lot of restaurant options where you can dine. These restaurants offer you some really lip-smacking vegetarian, non-vegetarian food.
6. Colva Beach Nightlife. The nightlife of Goa is just astoundingly amazing. People can entertain themselves in nightclubs and bars.
Colva beach is a perfect and serene place to get rid of the worldly sorrows and heavy work schedules. To enjoy this tranquil environment, you need to travel a distance of 2007.8 km from Delhi, 609.2 km from Mumbai, 938 km from Chennai, and 585 km from Bangalore.
By Air. The nearest airport to Colva Beach is Dabolim Airport that connects to a lot of major Indian cities. Once you reach the airport, you can take cabs or some other means of transport to reach Colva Beach.
By Train. A train to Karmali railway station can endow you with a perfect way to reach Colva beach as it lies at the nearest distance to it. This slow and affordable journey can let you get the most incredible natural beauty on the way. After deboarding at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation like a cab or a bus.
By Road. Whether you go to Colva beach by private or public bus, but nothing can beat the journey travelled by car or personal vehicle as it lets you cherish the incredible beauty of roads connecting Goa with other parts of the country. However, depending upon your budget, you can always consider and choose to travel via private cabs, buses or your personal vehicle as well.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: