An interesting destination to escape from the hustle-bustle of life, Kangojodi in Nahan, Himachal Pradesh is truly an offbeat destination that is known for its awe-inspiring natural beauty, the deodars, pine trees, majestic mountains, and eye-delighting ravines. All of this simply adds on to the heaven-like features of this travel getaway.
Kangojodi is situated in the lap of nature and is perfect to dwell around for a vacation. It is also visited by adventure travellers for camping, trekking, mountaineering, and many more adventure sports activities.
The beautiful destination is also popular among solo travellers and for those who wish to spend quality time with themselves and their families. This adorable travel escape is a part of Nahan town which lies in the Sirmaur district in Himachal Pradesh. Nahan town is located at the hilltop of Shiwalik Hills and is a very renowned tourist destination for people of North India.
Due to its natural beauty, it won't be wrong to call it one of the best places in Himachal Pradesh, and here one gets to witness the beautiful weather all year round. Thus, the mid-winter season would be a perfect time or you to explore this place.
1. Camp Roxx at Kangojodi. Surrounded by the beautiful natural elements, Camp Roxx is one of the tranquil places in the Nahan town, Sirmaur district. Environmentally benign, this place is home to a pollution-free environment and great ambience that is enough to uplift your mood and rejuvenate your mind and body. Nowadays, most hills have been materialized, are crowded and have been turned into the concrete jungle, but Camp Roxx in Nahan has managed to be authentic and natural.
2. Burma Bridge. Another major attraction in Kangojodi is Burma Bridge. Experiencing Walk and Tumble on the bridge can be full of adventures. The bridge is situated across King’s Kloof Valley. It will be truly a memorable experience to walk through the bridge with your loved ones.
3. Bonfire Near. Light up a bonfire and enjoy with your loved ones and friends. Kangojodi is an amazing camping place where one can spend the night singing, cooking, and dancing around the bonfire and have a whale of a time.
4. Trekking. This is one of the favourite activities for most of the tourists who visit Kangojodi. Walking around the lush forest would be an ultimate experience and one may also come across wildflowers, herbs, and birds. Trekking in Kangojodi is no less than an opportunity to discover the unheard, and the unexplored in the woods.
5. Movie. Also, here at Camp Roxx, there is a theatre where they keep showing some amazing classics one after the other. It has been created in such a way that it offers a soothing ambience to people so that they can enjoy to the fullest. This movie-watching experience in Kangojodi would be a memorable and relaxing experience for you.
6. Stargazing and Bird Watching. If adventure sports is not your thing and you are someone who wishes to stay close to nature while on a vacation then Kangojodi has a lot to offer. During the day you may spot the migrant and resident birds and in the night you may lie down near a bonfire and spot the mystical celestial bodies in the sky.
Kangojodi is the kind of place which exudes nothing but nature's magic and charm. It is located at a rough distance of 277, 2,453, 1,689, and 1,801 km from Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata respectively. Here is how you can travel to Kangojodi via the following means of transportation.
By Air. The nearest airport is Chandigarh Airport which is nearly 90km away from Kangojodi. One can reach here in roughly a two and a half-hour drive in a taxi or a bus after deboarding the flight. The Chandigarh airport receives direct and connecting flights from all the metropolitan cities of India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Jaipur, and Bengaluru.
By Road. Himachal Pradesh is well-structured when it comes to road service. There are frequent buses that run towards Nahan. One may take interstate or private tourist buses to reach Kangojodi. Tourists may also take there personal vehicles such as a car or a bike to travel to the destination.
By Rail. Ambala railway station, Barog and Solan railway stations are the nearest terminals to reach Nahan and Kangojodi. As per your convenience, you can consider deboarding at one of these stations, after which you may take a taxi or a bus to reach your desired location in Nahan. Ambala station receives regular and frequent trains from various major cities and states of India.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here