If we have to put it straight, the year 2020 has been dreary; hurling on us the most unpredictable lockdown due to global pandemic. Chucking off straight 6 months since March, with little mercy now the state of affairs seems benign. Braced to appreciate sunshine, chirping of birds, the sound of gurgling streams and all the simple things that bring solace? Now is the time to #TravelAgainIndia. Take cues of how Indian Tourism is reviving the travelling possibilities in Jammu and Kashmir, a place that is referred to as ‘the heaven on earth’.
As per guidelines issued by the department, tourists have been asked to book the hotel, taxi, and return flight before arrival. J & K is a travel destination in India that has been witnessing the flow of tourists including locals and foreigners even in the middle of the pandemic. According to the figures disclosed by the department of tourism, 186 tourists including 11 foreigners visited the valley in July and 284 tourists including 33 foreigners visited Kashmir in August. Cashing on the opportunity of an anticipated boom in domestic travel, the travel agents have already started selling packages for the upcoming autumn and winter seasons in Kashmir.
“Tourism activities have been allowed by the government in Kashmir. So we are offering discounts. We have made a detailed list of SOPs. However, the current Indo-China tension and Covid-19 is acting as turn off,” said President Travel Agents Association of Kashmir (TAAK) Ashfaq Ahmad Dugg.
1. Social distancing is definitely a part of the new normal and tourism is no exception. Maintain a minimum distance of 2 feet.
2. Wearing a mask is mandatory. If you are travelling carry a spare set of mask.
3. Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness through proper sanitization is highly recommended.
1. The department has made it mandatory for tourists to travel by air. Srinagar Airport is operational for tourist flights.
2. Travellers must register themselves on https://serviceonline.gov.in/renderApplicationForm. prior to their visit.
3. Carry the latest COVID-19 negative report (not earlier than 72 hours).
4. Aarogya Setu app in mobile phones a must.
5. 5 days of accommodation booking confirmation is compulsory.
States and Union Territories in India are trying to revive tourism and each one of us has to abide by the rules if we are willing to get our vacation and getaways back. Kashmir breathes within its locals and visitors alike with a pulse that they can sense, a heartbeat they can feel and an expression that they can personify. Visit the most stunning Srinagar, majestic shrines of Jammu, snow ladened fields of Sonmarg, snow-capped mountains of Patnitop, meadows of Gulmarg and lot many holiday places that will give you memories for the lifetime.