Tata Steel Zoological Park offers a great respite to people who want to spend some quality time with their loved ones. Situated in Jubilee Park area, this park lets the visitors experience wild animals in their most untouched form just like their natural habitat. You can watch them roaming freely in the safari park section of the zoo. The park has a wide spectrum of animals like Jackals, Bengal Mongoose, Fruit Bats, Three Striped Squirrels, Tigers, King Cobra, Kraits and a great number of birds as well.
People are even allowed to drive through Safari Park just to see animals in a jungle-like environment. What's most interesting is that there is even a Nature Education centre with the main responsibility to educate people about animals and regarding various things related to them. Apart from this, you also get to indulge in a variety of activities like boating, exploring nature trails and so much more.
You can visit this park any day except Mondays between 9 am-5 pm. Apart from this, the winter months between November and February is the best time to visit Jamshedpur as, during summertime, the weather becomes very hot and thus uncomfortable to some extent, especially for foreign tourists who are not habitual to such climatic conditions.
1. Jubilee Lake. The lake is situated in Jamshedpur and is surrounded by a laser light auditorium which in itself is a delight to watch. Overall, it is a great tourist spot to begin your trip to Tata Steel Zoological Park.
2. Jayanti Sarovar. It is a gorgeous lake located in Jamshedpur. People use it as a recreation spot where they come and spend a great time with their loved ones; chat their hearts out or maybe take a peaceful evening stroll. Looking back in the past, you will only have good memories and a heartfelt smile on your face.
3. Sir Dorabji Tata Park. Also known as the Modi Park, it has a really great lightning system which only enhances the overall look and feel of the place. It is definitely a great place to visit near Tata Steel Zoological Park.
4. Dimna Lake. An incredible destination for nature lovers, this lake is one beautiful landscape highlighted by the lush backdrop of the mighty Dalma mountains.
5. Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary. Located 30-35 km from the city of Jamshedpur, Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary was inaugurated by Sanjay Gandhi in 1975. Moreover, it is quite a notable tourist attraction as it contains a great number of Indian elephants, all the more reason to not miss out on this terrific place.
Situated inside the Jubliee Park, this is a kind of place where you get to see wild animals right from Tigers, crocodiles, to even ducks and just so much more. Jharkhand is situated at an approximate distance of 1,263, 1,763, 413, 2,013 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can reach Tata Zoological Park, Jamshedpur via the following means of public transportation.
By Air. Jamshedpur has its own aerodrome by the name of Sonari Airport. However, at present, this airport does not receive any scheduled flights. Thus, your best option to reach here would be Birsa Munda Airport (IXR) located in Ranchi. This is the primary airport which serves the city of Ranchi along with the nearby areas. Named after one of the tribal freedom fighters, the said airport is managed by the Airports Authority of India.
Ranchi Airport is considered the 26th busiest airport of our country as it handles overall traffic of about 2.2 million people on an annual basis.
It receives flights from various cities namely Chennai, Mumbai, Goa, Jammu, Kolkata and many others. You can consider the following flight options from the below-mentioned destinations.
After deboarding at the airport, you will need to travel about 132 km to reach your destination. For this, you can hire a cab or some other means of public transportation.
By Train. The nearest railway station is the Tata Nagar Junction located 7-8 km from the zoo. It is one of the primary railway stations that serve Jamshedpur and the nearby regions. It is located on the Howrah-Chakradharpur Mumbai line and has 5 platforms which further handle about 100 trains on a daily basis. Here is the train route to reach here.
After you deboard at the station, take a cab or some other means of public transportation.
By Road. Jamshedpur has good connectivity with other nearby cities. You can also consider travelling here via interstate buses. From Ranchi, the base price is Rs.250. From Dhanbad, the base price is Rs.250. From Cuttack, the base price starts from Rs.600. Apart from this, you can also choose luxury, sleeper and regular buses depending upon your suitability. Otherwise, you can also choose to travel by taxis or self-drive here.
Here is the route you can take from various Indian cities to reach here.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: