It is intriguing to know that when you are still cosying up in your bed waiting for the sunrise, there is a part of the land in our own country which sees the very first radiant rays of sunlight piercing the clouds and warming up life on the land and forests alike. The place which we are talking about here is Dong Valley - the easternmost village in India. Here, the tourists climb up the mountains at 3 in the morning to witness the very first rays of sunlight.
The majestic beauty of this place is really amazing to discover and explore. The cascading rivers and herculean mountains are just a few aspects of its overall natural abundance. It is the kind of place where one can find solitude away from the glamour of city life. And if you seek all this, then Dong Valley is an option worth considering.
The best time to visit Dong Valley is between the months of April and July. During this time, you can hope to explore the best possible sight-seeing places.
Dong valley is situated in the Anjaw District and the history can be traced back to British India. In 1914, this place was a part of the Lakhimpur district. The British created the north-east frontier tract for the very purpose of administering the three areas which are namely the central and eastern section, the Lakhimpur Frontier Tract along with the western section.
After this, in 1956, the Dibang valley was constituted as a separate sub-division, placed under the charge of an Additional Political Officer. Then coming to June of 1980, it was further separated into two independent districts - Lohit District and Dibang Valley District.
1. Tidding. It is quite popular among locals and travellers alike. The opulent and shining aquamarine water of this place is its major highlight. Furthermore, the undulating slopes create a very satisfying respite, especially for people who love nature.
2. Chaglagam. An interesting place to explore, this is essentially a village and a tehsil situated in the Anjaw district. The captivating and splendid beauty of this place is worth exploring and discovering in its fine formations.
3. Walong. It is a small cantonment and an administrative town carved out of Lohit District in 2004. Known for its memorials dedicated to the Indians who died there during the hard times of the 1962 Sino-India war, this place is located on the “Helmet Top” where the hot water springs attract a great number of tourists from other parts of India.
4. Sunrise. Watch the sunrise at 3 am. Witness the beautiful confluence of Lohit and Sati Rivers and enjoy trekking.
5. Dong Van Market. You will surely like this place owing to the various variety of things that this place has to offer. Don't forget to take some souvenir for your loved ones.
6. Glow Lake. Covering a total area of about 8 square kilometres, the overall vibe and aura of this lake are simply amazing to explore and just too good to resist.
Situated in Arunachal Pradesh, Dong Valley is a beautiful travel destination that can mesmerize you with its lush natural surroundings. To witness this undeniably wonderful travel destination, you will need to cover a total distance of about 2,706, 3,544, 1,805, 3,753 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Check out the following details on how you can reach here with minimum hassle.
By Air. The nearest airport is the Dibrugarh Airport (DIB) situated 350-400 km away. Established in the 1950s, this airport has overall good flight connectivity with cities and towns like Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata. Once you deboard at the airport, consider booking a taxi or some other means of public transportation to reach your destination.
By Train. The nearest railway station is the New Tinsukia Junction situated about 300 - 350 km away. This station is situated on the Lumding-Dibrugarh section and is responsible for serving Tinsukia as well as the surrounding regions. Once you deboard at the station, consider booking a taxi or availing some local means of transportation to reach your destination.
By Road. The overall connectivity via road is quite good. So, if you are planning to visit this place via road then it would be a convenient experience for you due to the easily motorable and accessible roadways and highways. From the nearby cities and towns, you can also take buses or cabs.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: