In its essence, the Military Literature Festival is all about commemorating the sacrifices and bravado of our ancestors. Talking about bravado, there is no doubt in the fact that the land of Punjab has seen a great number of invasions and wars throughout history. Perhaps, it was somehow the effect of these wars and brutality that gave rise to some of the finest warriors who walked upon this very soil.
Set on the shores of the beautiful Sukhna Lake, which is full of picturesque views, Military Literature Festival is a very nice blend of authors, writers, military leaders who come together to celebrate life. The MLF (Military Literature Festival) is celebrated for a period of three days, and this year, it would be held between December 12 through 15.
However, broadly speaking, this festival starts in the month of November itself with the onset of various affairs like shotgun shooting, golf tournament, bird watching workshops and many other interesting events. This event comes with an opportunity for the younger generation to get to know India’s incredible military history and heritage.
1. The Entertainment Quotient. The Military Literature Festival has everything when it comes to enjoying and entertaining yourself ranging from cultural events, displays, books and handicrafts exhibitions, along with a food court where you can relish your senses in delightfully scrumptious food.
2. Military Carnival. The Military Carnival is inclusive of 4x4 Jeep Display, Polo Match and many other interesting things like the Vintage Car Rally, and Motorcycle Display.
3. Bird Watching Workshop. This is yet another great opportunity for nature lovers to explore some really exotic varieties of birds. And anyone who wants to participate in this event must get themselves registered for the same.
4. Polo Match. Polo is one of those games that is known for defining dynamism in its essence. Witnessing this event is quite an amazing experience filled with adrenaline rush.
5. Marathon. It is a long-distance race where the participants would need to cover a distance of about 42 kilometres. It is indeed a great way to stay fit and simultaneously to have some real fun.
Chandigarh is the perfect combination of tradition and modernity. For those who want to relish in its culture can travel here taking guidance from the below-mentioned means of public transportation. It is located at an approximate distance 244, 1,588, 1,827, and 2,479 km of from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can travel to Chandigarh to attend this event.
By Air. Situated at an approximate distance of 12 km from the city centre, Chandigarh airport is very well connected with other Indian cities. One can easily take a flight to Chandigarh from other Indian cities. After deboarding the flight, you will need to further cover a distance of 25-30 km to reach Lake Club. For this, you can take a cab.
By Train. The Chandigarh Railway Station is the nearest railhead from Chandigarh. This railhead has very good connectivity with other Indian cities. After deboarding at the station, you will need to further take a cab or an auto to cover an approximate distance of 7-10 km to reach Lake Club.
By Road. Chandigarh has very good connectivity with other Indian cities via a well-maintained motorable road network. From Mussoorie, Shimla, Delhi, and Dharamshala, you would need to cover an approximate distance of 201, 113, 243, and 251 km respectively. For travelling, either you can book interstate or private bus, hire a cab or even self-drive.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
12 December 2020 - 15 December 2020
Leave a Reply: