We simply cannot give this breathtakingly beautiful Indian valley a miss. Can we? This beautiful place, situated a few km away from the capital city Kohima, trekkers' favourite and is not much explored until now. The charming flowers, flowing streams and picturesque views are all to die for, here.
Dzukou Valley is located at the borders of the state of Nagaland and Manipur in northeast India. This valley is well known for its natural environment, seasonal flowers, and flora and fauna. Situated at an altitude of 2,452 m above sea level, the valley is famous for its wide range of flowers in every season but the most famous one is the Dzukou Lily and it is found only in this valley.
The Valley sits high amongst the clouds and is absolutely a sight to behold. In summer, vivid green hillocks pave the way for blue mountaintops, and bright flowers wave in the winds amongst the tall grasses. In winter, temperatures drop far lower than one would expect in such tropical states, and Dzukou Valley freezes, sometimes covering itself in white snow.
So, the best time to visit Dzukou Valley is from June to September as the weather during this time is pretty pleasant.
1. Naga Heritage Village. This place is again, one of the most amazing places to visit with your loved ones. If you want to experience something amazing as well as beautiful, then you should definitely be visiting the Naga Heritage Village.
2. Kohima War Cemetery. Lying on the battleground of the Garrison Hill, this place was destroyed in the whole fighting scenario. This cemetery has 1,420 bodies buried of the martyred soldiers and that, in itself, is reason enough for you to visit this place at least once.
3. Japfu Peak. The Japfu Peak is located in the south of Kohima. The height of this peak is around 9,500 feet which makes it quite a delightful destination to visit with your loved ones.
4. Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you will be finding a very wide variety of flora and fauna. The scenic views of this forest are simply out and out amazing.
5. Kohima Museum. In this place, you will be finding a lot of amazing as well as knowledgeable insights about the city’s culture along with some other interesting facts as well.
6. The Catholic Cathedral. This place holds a significant spiritual charm. If you visit this place then here you will be finding a lot of crowd at this place.
Surrounded by nature’s beauty, this valley is your perfect bet for an unforgettable vacay. It is located at an approximate distance of 2,287, 3,111, 1,389, 3,332 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can travel to Dzukou Valley by the below-mentioned ways.
By Air. The nearest airport is the Dimapur Airport situated 75 km away. The airport operates direct and connecting flights to and fro other Indian cities. Many airlines like AirIndia, IndiGo operate in a smooth manner. However, if you are looking for international flight connectivity then you must consider deboarding at Guwahati airport.
By Rail. The nearest train station is also Dimapur Station sited at 70-75 km away. This particular railway station has fairly decent connectivity with nearby Indian cities. Once you deboard at the station, consider taking some means of local transportation to travel further.
By Road. Travelling by road can definitely be an intriguing experience for you. For this, you can consider booking interstate or private bus, hire a cab or otherwise, depending upon your location and budget drive your own vehicle.
Leave a Reply: