Deoghar is a town and headquarters of the Deoghar District in the Santhal Parganas division, Jharkhand state, India. Deoghar can be described as The amalgamation of natural beauty and sacred religious place. With divine ancient temples to serene natural beauty, you will simply love your time spent in Deoghar. It is one of the best and most visited places in Jharkhand and one should surely not miss it.
This place is home to some of the most ancient Lord Shiva temples along with wonderful scenic surroundings. Deoghar is a holy city of the state and is just beside the Mayurakshi river. There are many ancient temples such as the Baba Baidyanath Temple (one of twelve Shiva Jyotirlinga and one of the 51 Shakti Peethas in India) which is an important pilgrimage site of the city dedicated mainly to the Hindus. Other than that, people come here from all around the nation to take a dip in the holy waters of Shiva Ganga which is considered sacred.
If you are planning a trip to Deoghar then the best option to visit this place would be between October and March. During this time, the overall weather and temperature are very pleasant.
Deoghar is more famous for its mythological significance. It is a Hindi word wherein Deoghar means the abode of gods and deities. It is also known as Baidyanath Dham.
This tranquil destination has also got the mentions in Sanskrit Texts as Haritakivan or Ketakivan. Also, Deoghar name has been inspired by the name of Lord Baidyanath Temple. However, the name of the builder of the temple is still unknown.
1. Baidyanath Dham. The Baba Baidyanath Dham is one of the most sacred temples in India. It is a temple which holds a spiritual high ground among the other temples owing to its spiritual significance from the past. Furthermore, this place also has an amazingly beautiful architecture which is sure to offer you with a very religious aura to explore and discover for yourself.
2. Nandan Pahar. The Nandan Pahar is quite a small hill situated near the very edge of Deoghar. This place is known for being a very famous Nandi Temple. Moreover, this place also has got a huge entertainment park, particularly for children. This park is inclusive of a ghost house, a boathouse, and more.
3. Tapovan Caves and Hills. Located at a distance of about 10 km from Deoghar, this place has a temple of Lord Shiva known by the name of Taponath Mahadeva. Furthermore, there are several caves which are also present there and it is in one of these caves that a Shiva lingam has been installed. And what is quite interesting to know about this place is the fact that the sage Valmiki too came here to observe penance.
4. Naulakha Mandir. Situated at a distance of around 2km from Baba Baidyanath Temple, this particular temple has got a similar architecture of the Ramakrishna Temple which is in Belur. Moreover, this shrine also encompasses amazingly beautiful ideals of Radha as well as Krishna which is 146 ft in height.
5. Ramakrishna Mission Vidyapith. The Ramakrishna Mission Vidyapith is a branch of Ramakrishna Mission. The prime motive of the Vidyapith has always been to impart knowledge and help our ancient culture grow in all its immensity.
6. Shivaganga. It is said that Shivaganga, which was also known as Varvoghar Kund, was founded by the demon lord, Ravana. According to the legend, it is said that when King Ravana blew his fist on Earth with all his power; a huge stream of water came out forming a pond which came to be known as Shivaganga. And did you know that this was the place where it is known that Ravana had handed the Shivalingam to Lord Vishnu who had come there in the disguise of a Brahmin?
Deoghar is synonymous to peace and spirituality! one of the sacred places of India for Hinduism, one can feel the eternity while visiting the famous Baidyanath Temple. Here, people mostly speak in Santali and Hindi. The city is 1,350.3 km via NH27, 2,076.7 km via NH19, 323.9 km via NH19, 2,219.0 km via NH53 and NH 44 away from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively.
By Air. If you are planning a trip to Deoghar then you need to know that there is no direct flight connectivity to Deoghar. So, if you want to plan a flight then Loknayak Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport is the nearest airport available from Deoghar. The airport is situated in Patna, Bihar which is approximately 255 kilometres away from Deoghar. The airport is served by renowned airline services such as Air India, Vistara, SpiceJet connecting major cities of India.
By Train. Deoghar is quite well-connected to the rest of India via railways as well. The nearest railway station is Baidyanath Dham Railway Station. There are many regular train services, both the passenger as well as the express trains. For train routes, Baidyanath Junction is the primary station which serves the city of Deoghar.
By Road. There are many regular bus services which are available to and fro the city of Deoghar. Apart from this, you can also take shared taxis for the same route.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here