If you think that there’s nothing frantically engaging in Jharkhand, then you must not have heard of Netarhat yet. Netarhat is a tranquil hill station which always manages to mesmerize travellers with its surreal beauty. This hill station attracts a heavy footfall, primarily consisting of those who are looking for a place away from the hustle-bustle of the cities. Netarhat is a town in the Latehar district of Jharkhand and is often referred to as the ‘Queen of Chotanagpur’.
The major land area of this destination is a plateau that is covered with thick dense forests everywhere. The town is around a few hours drive from the capital city of Jharkhand which is Ranchi. Netarhat is famous for Netarhat Residential School that holds the record of producing the highest number of toppers in the Bihar School Examination Board.
As far as the best time of visiting Netarhat is concerned, any time of the year is great to visit this beauty, but if you are looking for specific months when the climate is extremely pleasant then visiting Netarhat in spring and the summer months would be great. During this season one can explore the place to the fullest.
Netarhat is a part of Chota Nagpur Pleatue and its the highest hill of the Plateau. Not much has been documented about the history of Netarhat other than the fact that the place was inhabited by different tribes for a long period of time. For many years after India attained independence, Netarhat remained excluded from city life and travellers.
It's been just a few years only that Netarhat has started gaining recognition as a tourist destination in the state. The unexplored beauty of Netarhat hill station will definitely grab your attention at the very first glance and you will feel like visiting this place time and again courtesy its rich, raw and surreal surroundings.
1. Betla National Park. If you are a nature lover then you will be finding the Betla National Park quite an amazing place to visit, especially with your children. This national park is sited on the hilly terrain of the attractive Palamau district. Betla National Park is home to diverse species of flora and fauna that you can encounter on an adventurous safari in the park.
2. Upper Ghaghri Waterfalls. These waterfalls are extremely pleasant to watch and are located 4km away from Netarhat. The vast and cloudy sky makes the whole thing quite interesting. People from all across the country arrive here to experience the heavy streams of water falling down in front of them. The divine ambience that surrounds the place and the joy one feels watching this magical view unfold cannot be expressed in words.
3. Magnolia Point. Magnolia point is one of the most intriguing places to visit with your loved ones. Around six in the evening, tourists can watch the sun bid farewell to the periwinkle sky wrapping its day’s job. Now that is a moment to capture in your eyes and memory forever.
4. Sadni Falls. Sadni Falls is quite an interesting place to visit. It is situated at about 35 km from the region of Netarhat. An amazing thing to consider here is that the waterfall is in the shape of a snake which is extremely intriguing.
5. Koel View Point. The Koel viewpoint is located at a distance of around 3km from Netarhat. If you visit this place then you will be bestowed upon with the clear and mesmerizing views of River Koel.
6. Netarhat Hills. Netarhat Hills is quite an amazing place to visit with your loved ones. The dense forests which are located around the hills offer lush scenic views of the place.
Netarhat is situated at an approximate distance of 1,197, 1,418, 1,534, 1,831 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Check out the following details on how you can travel to this place via public transport.
By Air. Deboard at Ranchi Airport aka Birsa Munda Airport (IXR) and from there you can take a private bus or a taxi to reach the Netarhat hill station which is approx. 150km away. Flights from all parts of the country arrive at Ranchi airport hence planning a trip via airways can be a comfortable, convenient and faster option.
By Train. There is good connectivity of train routes to Ranchi from all parts of the country. From Ranchi Junction (RNC), tourists are required to cover another 150 km on a bus or a taxi to reach Netarhat. Trains from several prominent stations operate to and fro at a good frequency.
By Road. Depending on your geographical location, you can consider travelling to Netarhat by road as well. The overall road network which includes national highways is well-maintained and easily accessible. As per your convenience, you can choose to travel by state-run buses, cabs or by your personal vehicles as well.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here