Bokaro is a perfect tourist destination which has it all. From a rich and leisure metropolitan lifestyle to a pinch of natural beauty spread around, Bokaro is goals for travellers. It has various attractions like temples, national parks, steel and coal industries and much more. Bokaro steel city is one of the most popular and important cities of the state. The urban culture and the natural essence in the ambience of the city make it special and highly beautiful. The steel industries are a highlight of the place. It is surrounded by all big cities which makes it easily accessible and significant part of Jharkhand.
The best time to visit Bokaro would be from September to February as this is the time during which you can expect ideal and favourable climatic conditions.
The Bokaro district was formed on April 1, 1991, while carving out some parts of other districts of Jharkhand. These are Chas and Chandankari of Dhanbad District and Bermo Subdivision of Giridih District.
According to earlier history texts, Bokaro was a small part of Manbhum region. Manbhum region was named after Raja Man Singh who was the loyal army chief in the reign of Akbar. Manbhum was a gift to Raja Man Singh by Akbar. Later, it was divided into three parts Birbhum, Manbhum and Singhbhum. It was mostly inhabited by the people of Kolar Race. Before the 7th century, it was dominated by Jainism. After that, Brahmins got their rulership in the region as it can be traced from the travelogue of Chinese traveller Hiuen Tsang.
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park. The Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park was established in the 1980s. And it was this park that eventually became very famous for its possession of big cats such as white tigers as well as Asiatic Lions. So, if you ever visit Bokaro then visiting this park becomes a must.
2. Parasnath Hills. It is interesting to know that this place holds high significance for the Jain community of the country. This is a hillock which is situated in the Giridih district of Jharkhand and is only a few kilometres away from the city.
3. Bokaro Steel Plant. This is again one of the major tourist attractions situated in Bokaro. Visiting this place with your family and friends would simply make your travel experience an unforgettable one.
4. Picnics. There is no doubt in the fact that picnics are one of the most loved activities people generally like to indulge in. And, as Bokaro has several beautiful parks, it makes all the more sense to visit this place.
5. Garga Dam. Flowing in the southern part of the city, this dam was constructed on it in the 1950s and with time has become one of the best tourist spots in Bokaro.
6. Boating. The city park comprises many artificial lakes and all of this makes it a good option for boating.
Since its establishment until now, Bokaro Steel City in Jharkhand has changed a lot. Here, people mostly can be seen speaking in Khorta dialect which is a part of Magahi language. Also, Hindi and English languages are quite prevalent in the city. Bokaro is 1,257.3 km via NH19, 1,838.4 km via NH53, 314.2 km via NH19, 2,079.9 km via NH53 and NH 44 away from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively.
By Air. If you are planning to visit Bokaro by air then the nearest airport to Bokaro is Birsa Munda Airport aka Ranchi Airport which is situated at Ranchi around a distance of approx 112 km. The airport is well-connected to major cities of India with world-class service by renowned airline services such as Air India, Vistara, Go Air, IndiGo etc.
By Train. Bokaro is very well connected with train routes. Bokaro Steel City Railway Station is the nearest railway station. So, it would be a good option for you to travel to Bokaro by train. The railway station comes under Adra division of South Eastern Railways. It serves the major cities of India including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Assam, Orissa etc.
By Road. Bokaro city is located at the meeting point of NH 23 and NH 32 which further connects it to the cities like Ranchi, Jamshedpur, etc. You can take public as well as private buses to visit this destination. Bokaro has mainly 3 bus terminals and from them, around 1000 buses depart in all directions regularly.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here