The global pandemic wave shook the world and after almost 7 months of struggle, efforts are continuously been made to revive the ailing tourism sector. Various travel destinations in India opened borders for domestic travellers by releasing new guidelines and SOP. Keeping all the regulations in mind, travellers who were earlier reluctant to visit their favourite holiday places are now hitting back the road and giving us cues as to how we all can travel again to Mystic Landscapes of Assam.
The restrictions on tourism have now eased up as the sector has immensely suffered the brunt of national lockdown. Two of the top tourist hotspots of the state, the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve and the Kamakhya temple are reopened for the tourists after a spell of more than half a year. If you are willing to witness the beauty of Assam then below-mentioned guidelines will give you an idea of how you can plan your trip. Take a look:
With stepping in the phase of Unlock 5.0, the Government of Assam has opened up more activities outside Containment Zones. However, strict enforcement of lockdown in Containment Zones remains in place till 31st October 2020.
1) Restriction-free inter-state and intra-state travel, as well as the movement of goods, has already been allowed.
2) There is no need for individual approval, e pass, e permit, etc. for travelling to Assam.
3) Basic COVID norms such as wearing a mask, carrying hand sanitizers and maintaining social distancing need to be followed.
1) Currently social, academic, sports, entertainment, cultural, religious, political functions and other congregations have been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons outside Containment Zones only.
2) Educational institutions will open in a graded manner, as directed by the government of India.
3) Swimming pools were opened for which the SOP has been issued by Sports & Youth Welfare Department in consultation with H&FW Department.