One of the most magical places in the state of Himachal Pradesh is the town of Sundar Nagar. It lies in the Mandi district and is perfect for people who wish to take a peaceful vacation. It has many tourist attractions to boast of, such as Murari Devi Temple, Sukhdev Vatika, Rewalsar, Mahamaya Temple. These places give a perfect vibe to Sundar Nagar and make it a worthwhile tourist destination to explore.
If you like snow then the winter season is the best time to visit Sunder Nagar. Otherwise, you can also consider travelling here during the summer months. As compared to the winter season, the summer months are relatively full of the hustle of city life.
1. Prashar Lake Trek. This is perhaps one of the best off-beat travel options to consider while travelling to Himachal Pradesh. The crystal clear body of this lake will take your breath away. The charm and mysticism of this lake are perhaps what drives the people to discover this truly amazing travel getaway.
2. Bhutnath Temple. This temple dates back to 1520s and has been devoted to Lord Shiva. When you visit this place - you will find the statue of Nandi who was Lord Shiva’s bull facing the entrance of the arch gate. A spiritual seeker cannot afford to miss this place.
3. Pandoh Dam. The Pandoh Dam is located on the Beas River. It completed in 1977 with the primary objective to generate hydroelectricity. And as a piece of urban architecture, this place also draws a great number of tourists all year round.
4. Rewalsar Lake. Due to the presence of Buddhist monasteries, this place is of high spiritual reverence and is considered one of the best places to visit in Sundar Nagar. Furthermore, apart from the Buddhist monasteries, this place also has the presence of temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna, and Rishi Lomas.
5. Trekking. Now, this is something which you must do - at least once. And seriously this would be something worth remembering and cherishing throughout your life. If you have children in your family then, trekking must be on your list with absolute certainty.
6. Bhima Kali Temple. Bhima Kali Temple is one of the most famous temples in Mandi which is dedicated to Goddess Bhima Kali. This temple is situated on the banks of River Beas and displays a great variety of statues and idols of various Gods and Goddesses which are located in the museum.
An eye-striking suburban town, Sundar Nagar of Himachal Pradesh catches the attention of people to a great extent. You will need to travel a distance of about 401 km from Delhi, 1808 km from Mumbai, 2579.2 km from Bangalore and 2611.5 km from Chennai.
By Air. In the vicinity of Sundar Nagar, the nearest airport is the Bhuntar Airport of the Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh. You can take flights from your nearby airport to Shimla and Kangra airports too. Choose the airport that is most suitable for you according to your budget and location and then travel the rest of the distance via cabs, buses to reach here.
By Train. The most affordable method to reach Sundar Nagar is to choose trains as the medium of transportation. Book your train to Kalka railway station that is situated within 90 km from the place. After deboarding at the station, consider taking some means of public transport to reach your destination.
By Road. Visiting Sundar Nagar by road can be very much convenient to you if you are seeking a smooth experience along with witnessing the scenic beauty of hills from a close look. The roads to this destination are open for all public as well as private transport methods with which you can enjoy the most. Thus, depending upon your location, you can consider booking a taxi or a bus as per your convenience to reach here.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: