One of the most magical places in the state of Himachal Pradesh is the town of Sundar Nagar. It lies in the Mandi district and is perfect for people who wish to take a peaceful vacation. It has many tourist attractions to boast of, such as Murari Devi Temple, Sukhdev Vatika, Rewalsar, Mahamaya Temple. These places give a perfect vibe to Sundar Nagar and make it a worthwhile tourist destination to explore.
If you like snow then the winter season is the best time to visit Sunder Nagar. Otherwise, you can also consider travelling here during the summer months. As compared to the winter season, the summer months are relatively full of the hustle of city life.
1. Prashar Lake Trek. This is perhaps one of the best off-beat travel options to consider while travelling to Himachal Pradesh. The crystal clear body of this lake will take your breath away. The charm and mysticism of this lake are perhaps what drives the people to discover this truly amazing travel getaway.
2. Bhutnath Temple. This temple dates back to 1520s and has been devoted to Lord Shiva. When you visit this place - you will find the statue of Nandi who was Lord Shiva’s bull facing the entrance of the arch gate. A spiritual seeker cannot afford to miss this place.
3. Pandoh Dam. The Pandoh Dam is located on the Beas River. It completed in 1977 with the primary objective to generate hydroelectricity. And as a piece of urban architecture, this place also draws a great number of tourists all year round.
4. Rewalsar Lake. Due to the presence of Buddhist monasteries, this place is of high spiritual reverence and is considered one of the best places to visit in Sundar Nagar. Furthermore, apart from the Buddhist monasteries, this place also has the presence of temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna, and Rishi Lomas.
5. Trekking. Now, this is something which you must do - at least once. And seriously this would be something worth remembering and cherishing throughout your life. If you have children in your family then, trekking must be on your list with absolute certainty.
6. Bhima Kali Temple. Bhima Kali Temple is one of the most famous temples in Mandi which is dedicated to Goddess Bhima Kali. This temple is situated on the banks of River Beas and displays a great variety of statues and idols of various Gods and Goddesses which are located in the museum.
By Air. Planning a trip to Sunder Nagar via flights? Then you should know that there are three main airports which are located in Shimla, Kangra and Kullu. However, the nearest airport is the Bhuntar airport in Kullu district. Thus, you can plan your trip accordingly planning a route which suits you best. After you deboard at the airport, you will need to take a cab or some other means of public transportation to reach your destination.
By Road. The connectivity via road is quite good. So, if you are planning to visit Sunder Nagar by road then it will prove to be a seamless experience for you. Depending upon your convenience you can plan a trip to Sundar Nagar by bus, cab or your own vehicle.
By Train. It is a tough task to lay railway tracks at a place which is located at such a high altitude. And there is only one major railway station which is connected with other Indian cities and i.e. Kalka Railway Station and it is located around 90 kilometres from Shimla. Thus, it is generally recommended to travel by road or airways.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: