Have you ever watched the sun rising from the midst of dense, wispy clouds? Located near Paderu, Vanjangi Hills is one of the newly discovered hill stations nestled in the verdant expanse of the Eastern Ghats in Andhra Pradesh. Perched at a whopping height of 3,400 feet above sea level, Vanjangi Hills is a scenic destination, fast becoming popular among nature lovers, hikers, trekking enthusiasts, and photographers. As the inky blue colour of the sky gives way to the first rays of the sun, a golden horizon comes into view. It seems as if the sun is rising from a cascade of clouds, blanketing verdant Vanjangi Hills in a gentle embrace. It seems as if God has himself created a canvas full of a riot of colours.
Plan a brief sojourn to this magical place that is yet untouched and unexplored, and feel a connection with nature’s marvels. As the clouds billow over the hills, it seems as if a river of mist is billowing, creating waves. Trekkers experience a sense of walking and floating above the clouds. Disconnect from the cacophony of urban life and lose yourself in the surreal beauty of Eastern Ghats!
Let us have a look at some of the most interesting experiences awaiting you in this incredible hill destination close to Vizag. There is no dearth of Vanjangi tourist places, but the unique experience counts a lot.
Before arriving at Vanjangi Hills, you can check out some interesting places to visit in Vanjangi and nearby areas. Take a look!
Visakhapatnam, or Vizag, is a beautiful coastal town known for its tourism and education sectors. The city, located approximately 102 km from Vanjangi Hills, has innumerable hidden gems that are waiting to be explored. Many tourists coming to the city are unaware of these unexplored attractions. Away from the hustle and bustle of touristy crowds, these attractions like Yarada Beach, Kailasagiri, INS Kursura Submarine Museum, Araku Valley, Borra Caves, Katiki Falls, and more are waiting to be explored!
A scenic village near Vanjangi Hills, Paderu is known for its nearby coffee plantations. It is a delightful place with scenic views and verdant landscapes.
Also Read: 10 Best Places To Visit In Andhra Pradesh
3. Araku Valley
Located at the height of 3200 feet above sea level, Araku Valley is another mesmerizing destination close to Vanjangi Hills worth exploring. Gushing streams, verdant gardens, cascading waterfalls, emerald green valleys, and more make this place simply divine. People planning a trek to Vanjangi Viewpoint can also explore Araku Valley and its treasures, like Borra Caves, Padmapuram Gardens, Ananthagiri, and more.
Trekking to Vanjangi Hills-A Breathtaking Experience!
A true paradise for nature lovers, photography enthusiasts, and soul seekers, but one of the best things to do in Vanjangi Hills is trekking amidst the fluffy clouds. The number of people who wish to trek to the hill point has witnessed a sudden surge. People staying in Vizag and nearby cities find it tough to suppress the urge to enjoy closeness with nature.
Trekking enthusiasts must know that Vanjangi Hills is approximately 6 km away from Paderu. From here, they have to go through a 5 km walk through dense, verdant forests in the early hours of the morning to reach in time to enjoy magnificent sunrise views. Once you reach the hilltop, you will feel as if you are standing on the clouds. It is a surreal experience!
1. Stay in the camps given out on rent to the trekkers and start early in the morning to enjoy the magnificent sunrise.
2. Trekkers can also arrive at the Araku Valley from Vizag and enjoy a one-night stay in the valley. Araku is approximately 44 km away from Paderu.
3. Trekkers planning to halt in Araku Valley must start their trip at 3 am to reach Paderu. While enjoying the long hike, do not miss out on the valley's verdant beauty.
4. Vanjangi is approximately 6 km from Paderu by vehicle. The vehicles are parked at the starting point, and a trek of 4-5 km to the hilltop begins.
5. Carry some essentials like dry snacks, a water bottle, a first aid kit, etc., on your trip to Vanjangi. Wear reliable and comfortable trainers.
6. Trek in groups and enjoy playful banter with each other! It will also make your trek safer and more enjoyable.
7. Do not hesitate to ask for directions from the friendly tribal community residing in the area.
8. Your trek may take you through thick shrubs and steep roads. Be mindful of your step with trekking in the area.
9. A couple of hundred meters before you arrive at the hilltop, you need to climb through a mountain of stones. It is a challenging trek but a thrilling experience.
10. As you reach the hilltop, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the bed of clouds all around.
Q 1. What is the best time to visit Vanjangi Hills?
A 1. The best time to visit Vanjangi Hills is in December and January. The weather is pleasant, and the temperatures are moderate.
Q 2. Where is Vanjangi located?
Q 3. What is Vanjangi famous for?
A 3. Vanjangi is famous for breathtaking views, a bed of clouds covering the hilltops, and the mesmerizing sunrise. It seems as if the sun's rays are playing over floating clouds.
Q 4. Which is the nearest airport to arrive at Vanjangi Hills?
A 4. The nearest airport to arrive at Vanjangi Hills is in Visakhapatnam. The Visakhapatnam Airport is approximately 102 km away from Vanjangi Hills.
Are you looking for a break from a monotonous and stressful life? A trip to Vanjangi Hills disconnects you from urban chaos and helps you come close to nature’s choicest marvels. Plan your trip with Adotrip and enjoy exciting flight deals, hassle-free hotel bookings, amazing holidays, and tour packages. Enjoy a memorable trip and experience the “on cloud nine” feeling!