Araku valley is a popular tourist destination that is located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The valley is adorned with lush green forests, enthralling waterfalls, beautiful landscapes, and coffee plantation sites. This valley is the most visited hill station in Andhra Pradesh which attracts tourists from all across the country for its tribal museum and natural sites.
Araku valley observes pleasant weather during winters hence months from October to March are apt to visit Araku Valley. During this time period, the weather is pleasant and one may explore the place with the utmost ease.
Araku valley is a natural beauty that has always attracted the locals and tourists to its surreal and calm ambience. Beginning from the journey to Araku valley to the stay and visits to multiple exotic locations everything is worth your time and effort. Araku valley is not just a vacation destination but it’s also a popular shooting site for the Tollywood movie industry.
Apart from being a tourist destination, the place also has the aroma of fresh home-grown organic coffee beans in the air. Araku valley has many coffee plantation sites, that contribute a lot to the economic growth of the valley and also act as a major employment provider in the valley. Araku valley has also preserved the tribal handicraft and tribal culture, which one can explore and experience on a visit to this mystical place.
1. Araku Tribal Museum. It is the perfect place for art lovers. The museum showcases the rare collection of art and craft and the unique lifestyle of tribal people. Handicraft items, ornaments, textiles, clothes that are thrived by the local tribals are on display in this museum.
2. Padmapuram Gardens. The botanical garden is spread in 26 acres of land and showcases beautiful nurseries of different and unique species of flowers. Apart from the wide variety of flora one may also witness tree houses, stone sculptures, and many tribal artefacts in the garden.
3. Coffee Museum. Educate yourself about something that you love the most! Your daily addiction- The Coffee! Here, you will get to explore the history of coffee and the coffee plantation farms. Apart from that, you may also buy fresh coffee beans, berries and may spend time in coffee shops.
4. Sri Mahalingeshwara Swamy Temple. Legend has it that once upon a time there was a fight between the snakes and the fishes and a local deity appeared and saved all the fishes. Since then this local deity has been worshipped by the locals in this temple. It is believed that after rescuing the fishes the deity went to a village called Matyagundam which means fish pool.
5. Tyda Village and Park. Tyda is a small village that is known as a popular picnic spot. The place is always on the wishlist of tourists as it offers adventure activities such as trekking and camping. In case, you are not the adventurous type then you may also indulge in activities like bird watching, nature photography, or meditation.
6. Katiki Waterfalls. This is an absolute treat from nature, the lush greenery, huge and beautiful mountains are enough to calm your mind. The waterfall flows from a height of 50 feet and is known for adventure activities like trekking and camping.
Araku valley is an unexplored destination located in Visakhapatnam that is adorned with intriguing tribal caves, scintillating landscapes, hills, coffee gardens, museums, ancient temples and a lot of adventure activities. You too can arrive here and witness all this via the valley’s well-structured transportation network.
The valley is located at a distance of approximately 1,600, 1,300, 900 and 1,000 km for Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Listed below are some of the best routes and modes that you may consider if planning a visit to the valley.
By Road. In case you are interested in travelling by road then you may get on an interstate tourist bus to Araku valley. You may also drive to the valley from the nearby prominent cities and states.
By Rail. Araku railway station is the nearest railway station. From the station, one can take any local transport such as bus, taxi or rickshaw to reach the desired place in the valley. You can reach here via direct trains such as VSKP KRDL Express, and VSKP KRDL Pass if arriving from Visakhapatnam. There are no direct trains from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru to Araku valley hence you are required to travel via connecting trains.
By Air. Visakhapatnam airport is the nearest airport to Araku Valley. From the airport, one has to cover approximately 100km to reach the valley. Flights connecting flights from all the major airports of the country arrive at Vizag airport.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here