Vacationing by the beach is always a great idea. It helps you unwind your soul and get drenched in happiness and joy. Nowadays, mostly every beach has been commercialized which has resulted in just too many people flocking in a single place to have fun. As a consequence of this, most of the beaches have become overcrowded.
However, Laxmanpur beach, situated on Neil Island, is quite different from the rest of the beaches, as a visit to this tourist spot will leave you peaceful and relaxed. The beach is quite an ideal location for activities like swimming, sunbathing. The white shell sands and the dead corals make this place great for snorkelling as well.
The absence of all the commotion and chaos furthermore makes this place a must-visit for people who are looking for some peaceful time and calmness in life.
Only a few fortunate wandering souls know about this spot and its impeccable panoramic views. The quiet sunset, breathtaking views, and a long walk add a lot more to this beach in terms of its emotional exuberance.
Being surrounded by ocean, the island observes moderate weather throughout the year. You can visit the beach at any time of the year but if hot and humid weather irritates you then planning a trip around winters is a great choice. The beach receives maximum tourist footfall from October to April so one can plan a trip during this time.
Dead corals, white shell sand, clear waters, the blue sky along with the enthralling views of Laxmanpur beach feel like watching the finest piece of art by a painter. Considered as a non-commercial travel spot, Laxmanpur beach is worth visiting once in your lifetime. The coral reef is the major highlight of Laxmanpur Beach. You can observe the dead coral on the beach shore and even beneath the water surface while snorkelling. The best part is that you do not have to get deeper into the sea to observe the intriguing underwater ecosystem of corals.
1. Corbyn’s Cove Beach. This beach is situated at a distance of around 8 km from the city centre. The calm sea waters and the vast clear sky only add to the dramatic beauty of the whole environment. Some of the most amazing activities which one can enjoy here are scuba diving, surfing, and snorkelling.
2. Radhanagar Beach. Radhanagar beach has been crowned as ‘Asia’s Best Beach’ by the Time Magazine. The scenic beauty of this beach is what keeps the tourists hooked to this place. Stretching in an area of approximately 2 kilometres in length this place is quite an amazing option to explore.
3. Snorkelling. Dead coral along the shore of the beach simply adds to the snorkelling experience and makes it unique. You can enjoy the unique and colourful aquatic life underwater here.
4. Nature Photography. Every view is a perfect frame to admire! For nature photographers and photography enthusiasts, the place is a paradise. One can capture the underwater world, birds, trees or even the sunsets through the magic of their camera lens.
5. Scuba Diving. The shallow waters that surround the Laxmanpur beach are a great spot for water sports such as scuba diving. Scuba diving here will give you an opportunity to witness the aquatic life very closely.
6. Swimming and Sun Bathing. These two activities are always on the to-do list when someone is visiting a beach. The stunning views, divine calm, and the underwater action that surround the Laxmanpur beach will surely make you go swimming.
7. Capture a Sunrise or a Sunset. Coming back without experiencing or admiring a sunset or a sunrise on a beach is disrespect to nature! So, while you are on a trip here, it is advised to either arrive at the place early or stay till late to experience the beautiful sunrise or the sunset.
Laxmanpur Beach is one of the most visited beaches of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The scenic beauty and the multiple water sport options make a visit to the beach memorable for all, from kids to elders. You can arrive at the Andaman Nicobar Islands via airways and waterways. Scroll down to find out the best travel options that you may consider to plan your next trip to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
By Water. Many ships run between mainland India and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands at frequent intervals. A seat on these ships can be reserved online. Depending upon your travel budget, you can book a seat in a deluxe, first-class, or second-class cabin at these ships. Mentioned below are the ships that you can board from India.
The local government of Andaman runs an inter-island ferry service that can take you to the Laxmanpur beach. You can take the jetty from the main market on Neil island to Laxmanpur village, which is 2km away.
By Air. The nearest airport is in Port Blair and is known by the name Veer Savarkar international airport. From there, one has to take the local transport available or the ferry service to reach Laxmanpur beach. Here we have listed non-stop flights from major cities of the country located on the mainland to VD Savarkar Airport.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: