Waters, hills, valleys, all of them are kind of old-school. Let us look at the uniqueness of Meghalaya and what else it can offer apart from the stunning beauty of nature. The wonder of this place is such that one cannot resist visiting Krem Liat Prah Caves. There are almost 150 caves made of natural limestones and sandstones. There are some which are also known to be the longest and deepest caves in the world in this set of caves, this one is just one of that. If you like such mystical places, then do visit here for your amusement.
The months from October to March are the best time to visit this amazing tourist destination. During this time, the weather conditions are ideal for the people to visit here and make memories for a lifetime.
1. Jaintia Hills. The Jaintia Hills are extremely rich in natural beauty. And as a tourist some of the most interesting places which you can visit with your loved ones here are the Nartian monoliths, Lumshong, as well as the Liale falls. Here, mainly it is agriculture which is the popular occupation of the locals.
2. Ntangki National Park. This is an amazing tourist place where you will be finding an incredible variety of fauna and flora. This place also harbours some rare variety of wild animals like hoolock gibbon, golden langur, hornbill as well as the black stork.
3. Mawsmai Caves. These caves are located in the village of Mawsmai and are one of the most easily accessible caves present in this region. So, visiting this place will definitely provide you with an interesting perspective of the travel getaway.
4. Krem Dam. It is a renowned tourist attraction of this region. It is basically a 1297m long cave which is present in the Awsynram village. This dame is famous as a limestone cave which impresses the person witnessing it with its age-old charm.
5. Krem Lymput. The Krem Lymput carries a certain sense of charm and is hidden amid the lush greenery of the forest. There is even a staircase inside this monument which is actually quite slippery. Thus, one has to be really careful while walking up and down. And one of the major tourist attractions of this cave is the Mughal Room which is a 25 m wide as well as 25 m high.
By Air. There is an airport situated in Shillong which is around 60 km from Jowai. After deboarding at the airport, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
By Road. You can hire private buses and taxis from Shillong to Jowai at a reasonable price. Otherwise, depending upon your location, you can also cover the remaining distance by a cab, your own vehicle or a bus.
By Train. The closest railway station is located in Guwahati which is around 160 km from Jowai.
Leave a Reply: