Up for some water sports? This lake created by a dam in the Umiam river is all for you to enjoy. It is quite popular among tourists and is a perfectly picturesque location to enjoy the stunning views of nature; in addition to the adventure activities that one can do here such as boating, kayaking etc. The concoction of all these activities makes it an amazing travel destination which is worth a visit.
The summer season would be just the perfect time to give Umiam Lake a visit. During this time the climate is quite cool and perfect for travelling. However, you can also consider visiting this place at any time of the year.
1. Lumpongdeng Island. This place is one of the best places to visit nearby Umiam Lake. The immense natural beauty of the lake is a must experience. It is a guarantee that you will cherish this place for lifelong as a good memory in your heart. And what can be really better than that?
2. Ward’s Lake. The ward lake is one of the most phenomenal tourist destinations of the Umiam Lake. The natural lush beauty of the serene waters and the picturesque skies is the kind of thing which you must not let go. The charm which this place has to offer to the tourists is simply amazing to capture.
3. All Saints Church. For those who have a spiritual inclination and are seeking the Kingdom of God within, this place is a must-visit. Here you can find a considerable amount of people visiting this place for offering their prayers to the Lord. This church boasts of a colonial-style architecture which is visually delightful.
4. Elephant Falls. The Elephants Falls are a beautiful tourist getaway which you can experience in this place. If you really want to see something unique then this is the kind of place to not miss. The name of this tourist spot came from a huge stone which was in the shape of an elephant. However, with time, the stone was gone in the year of 1897 due to an earthquake. Overall we can say that it is one of the best places to visit in Meghalaya.
5. Air Force Museum. This place is just simply the best if you are considering collecting knowledge about our Indian defence forces. You will even be finding pictures of the Indo-China War along with Indo-Pak War on display in this place.
6. Sweet Falls. What is something really interesting to know about the Sweet Falls is the fact that it has been the cause of just too many tragic stories and yet has been named Sweet Falls. These waterfalls are around 315 ft in their height and are around 5 km away from the Happy Valley. But if you might want to visit these falls then you would be a little disappointed to know that the route to this destination is not very well maintained thus it might become a little difficult to visit here.
By Air. The nearest airport is the Umroi Airport which is near Barapani. It is about 25 kilometres away and has good connectivity with other major cities as well. After deboarding at the airport, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation to reach here.
By Road. You can take a bus. You will be finding a lot of government as well as regular or deluxe operated tourist buses online which you can consider for travelling. However, if you want to be more economical then, you can even take shared taxis.
By Train. The closest railway station is located in Guwahati which is around 100 kilometres away. So, after deboarding at the station, you can easily take a taxi from there.
Leave a Reply: