If you are in the mood to explore something spectacular, then a visit to Bangaram Island sited in the middle of the Indian Ocean becomes a must.
This picture-perfect Lakshadweep Island welcomes you with its beautiful beaches, lush coral reefs and spotless skies. Now, what can a die-hard traveller want more? And hey, did you know that it is also referred to as the Bunnagara in the local dialect.
It is just the right place to relax and de-stress your heart out while taking evening strolls with your loved ones. Watching the sunrise and set behind the horizon is something you mustn’t miss out on while on your trip to this island.
Spread in an area of about 1.234 sq. km and with the only 10 people there, this island is the apt place for a quiet yet fun travel getaway. The handful of people who reside on the island are the ones who work at the resort.
So, if you want to chill in some peaceful place while being surrounded by golden beaches, and keeping yourself occupied with lots of interesting activities then a trip to Bangaram Island would be worth your time and energy.
The best time to visit Bangaram Island is between October and March. This is the time when the sea remains calm and the weather is more likely modest and pleasant.
1. Agatti Island. It is just a few kilometres away from Bangaram Island and is renowned for its fascinating beauty. Travel here to witness the magical sunrise and sunsets while strolling on the golden sands. It really takes you away from the fast-pace of city life while helping you cherish some quiet yet wonderful moments of your life.
2. Minicoy Island. This spectacular island is sited amid the vastness of the Arabian sea. If you want to know the bliss of being in the presence of nature then, this would be no less than a treat for you.
3. Canoeing. Explore your canoeing skills while enjoying the slow and easy life at Bangaram Island. Also, the island is a less crowded place, so you will have all the time you need to relish each and every moment while doing what you love.
4. Snorkelling. There is a complete arrangement for snorkelling which can be practised by beginners as well as experts. Everything is arranged by the local authorities. For all the adventure enthusiasts, this is quite an opportunity to explore.
5. Night cruise. While you are exploring Bangaram Island, night cruising is another great idea to enjoy quality time with your loved ones.
6. Scuba Diving. Bangaram Island is popular for its water sports. The mesmerizing blue waters and incredible marine life of the island are perfect for relishing water activities. The real upside is that you won’t be bothered much by other people as it is hardly ever crowded.
7. Deep-Sea Fishing. People who love fishing can also find a great deal of joy here. The island waters are home to some of the most beautiful fishes like King Fish and Jack Fish, so you won’t have a single moment to waste.
This is a breathtaking piece of land situated in the Indian Ocean. However, to travel here can be a little tricky as there is no road or railway connectivity. Check out the details given below on how you can reach the Bangaram Island via the following means.
By Air. Agatti Airport (AGX) is the nearest airport which is approximately 16 kilometres away from Bangaram Island. It was built in 1987-88 and was opened for operations on 16 April 1988. This airport is connected via Kochi Airport aka Cochin International Airport (COK). It is considered as one of the busiest as well as the largest airports of Kerala with a footfall of millions of passengers on an annual basis. After deboarding at Agatti Airport, you will need to hire ships/boats to reach the island. It can take you about 2-4 hours to reach here.
By Rail. There is no way to reach Bangaram Island via railway.
By Road. Bangaram Island is inaccessible via road.
By Water. Bangaram Island is well-connected to other islands of Lakshadweep via water. One can take a boat from Agatti Island which will take 2 hours to reach Bangaram Island. Also, Kochi is another convenient option to reach Bangaram Island via boat and ships.
Passenger ships like MV Kavaratti, MV Arabian Sea, MV Corals, MV Amindivi and MV Minicoy operate to and fro between Cochin and Lakshadweep islands. However, it can take you about 14 -18 hours to reach here which will be depending on which island you wish to travel. All these ships offer premium class services to the passengers like A/C seating, four-berth cabins and various other facilities.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here