If what you are looking for is adventure and relishing yourself amid the magnificent beauty of nature then you must consider travelling to Dandeli. Fundamentally, an adorable city in Karnataka, Dandeli has just about everything that anyone can ever seek in an ideal travel destination.
Here you will not just be finding a diverse variety of flora and fauna but also some really cool restaurants and places to visit where you can hope to spend some quality time with your loved ones while relaxing, unwinding and recharging from the chaos of city life.
Winter season is the best time to visit Dandeli. The months from October to February are particularly the best months to travel to this interesting place and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
Dandeli has a fascinating historical background attached to it. It is believed that once upon a time there was a servant of the Mirashi family named Dandelappa who had fallen in love with the lady of the same family. It is said that she too had fallen in love with him and even proposed to him out of love. But as he was a loyal servant to the family, he respectfully declined her proposal.
She couldn’t handle this rejection and went wild with rage and in a fit of her unchecked emotions lied to her brothers that Dandelappa had misbehaved with her. Consequently, the brothers, in their fit of anger, killed Dandelappa, cutting him into two pieces. It is said that both his head and body landed in two different geographical parts where now two temples exist. And it was after him that this town came to be known as Dandeli.
1. River Kali. This river is just the right tourist spot to visit if you like to indulge yourself in rafting, canoeing and a number of other adventure activities. Owing to its natural beauty this place attracts a huge crowd on an annual basis.
2. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. It is in Dandeli wildlife sanctuary that you will be finding a humongous variety of fauna and flora. Here, you can hope to have some adventurous moments with your loved ones. Covering an area of around 334 sq miles, here you may get the opportunity to witness elephants, leopards, crocodiles, Great Pied Hornbill, Peregrine Falcon, and Blue-throated Barbet.
3. Shiroli Peak. Situated at an approximate distance of around 25 km, Shiroli Peak is the highest peak in Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. When you see this place for the very first time, all you can experience is a smitten mind.
4. Dandelappa Temple. Known as one of the most auspicious travel getaways, this destination is full of old temples that are present in this region. And it this presence of these temples that attract thousands of seekers and devotees throughout the year.
5. Molangi Falls. This destination offers you to gear up and prepare for some unforgettable moments. The Molangi Falls is surrounded by some of the purest panoramic views of nature and thus is a visual delight to explore.
6. Sri Mallikarjuna Temple. Dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, this temple is perhaps one of the most ideal spiritual places to visit. Travelling to this place will surely open up new unknown dimensions for you.
To reach Dandeli, you will need to cover a total distance of about 1,872, 582, 2,209, 472 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here are the details on how you can travel here by the following means of public transport.
By Air. Hubli Airport (HBX) is the nearest airport from Dandeli situated at a distance of about 60-70 km. Hubli Airport has overall okay flight connectivity with other Indian cities via direct and connecting flights. Once you deboard at the airport, you can easily book a taxi or some other means of public transport to reach your destination.
By Train. There are no regular trains to this place. The nearest station is Alnavar Junction from where Dandeli is around 25-35 km away. Apart from Alnavar Junction, you can also consider booking your train tickets to Dharwad Junction which is 50-55 km away from Dandeli. From both the stations, you will need to take a cab or some other means of public transport to reach here.
By Road. Dandeli is quite well connected with all the major cities by road. You can consider travelling here by regular buses (interstate/private). Apart from that, you can also take your own vehicle for travelling to Dandeli or if you want then, hire a taxi to reach here from the nearby cities and towns.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here