Situated amid the beautiful nature, Aizawl is truly an amazing place to explore, especially by nature-lovers. It is considered as one of the oldest cities in the region and due to its luxurious natural beauty, it is perhaps the perfect place to spend your holidays with your family.
One of the highlighting features of Aizawl is that it lets you explore the raw side of life which is the villages and hilly areas. A few good examples of this would be Hmuifang, Tamdil Lake and Chanmari.
The best time to visit Aizawl would be in the summer season as this is the time when the maximum number of people can be seen visiting this place. And not to forget, the climatic conditions are also favourable for sightseeing and exploring activities.
Also Read: Silvassa
In 1950, Aizawl became a part of Assam which itself was newly created at that time. Then, in the mid- 1960s the members of the Mizo National Front initiated an attack on the local government offices within the city. However, the attack was suppressed soon. But still, the insurgency continued and by 1972, the union territory of Mizoram was segregated from Assam, and Aizawl was declared its’ capital.
1. Reiek. With its lush green surroundings, Reiek is one of the most amazing tourist destinations offering a very wide variety of wildlife and hill birds which are like the rare Peregrine falcon. Basically, it is a mountain where you can travel to have an unforgettable vacation.
2. Mizoram State Museum. This museum has been located right in the centre of the city. Furthermore, it also displays a very rich heritage and cultural aspect of Mizoram. For anyone who wants to experience Indian culture, this museum is a must-visit.
3. Lake Tamdil. The name of this lake literally means the lake of mustard and has been named so after a folk story. This lake has been a part of the fishing reservoir and is maintained by the fisheries department. And for the benefit of the tourists, there are many lakeside resorts as well which are present here.
4. KV Paradise. This is a 3-storeyed mausoleum which has been built in the memory of Varte who died in 2001 in a motor accident. Visiting this place you would be able to find some of her best collections of shoes and clothes.
5. Dampa Tiger Reserve. It is the largest wildlife sanctuary of this place and was declared a Tiger Reserve in 1994. It is located in the western parts of the Mizoram and is the kind of place that must be on your travel bucket list.
Aizawl is a great place to experience something unique and tasteful in terms of culture, travelling and fun. It is located at a distance of about 2,372, 1,473, 3,206, and 3,442 km from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can travel to Aizawl via the following means of transportation.
By Air. The city has its own airport by the name of Lengpui Airport. It has overall good connectivity with other cities. Once you deboard at the airport, you will need to take some means of public transportation to reach your destination.
By Train. The nearest railway station from Aizawl is Silchar which is located at a distance of about 130 km from the city. After deboarding at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation like a cab.
By Road. The overall connectivity via road is also quite good thus if you are residing nearby then travelling by road would be convenient for you. You can consider travelling by cab, interstate or private buses or by your own car/bike.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here