Shopping is the most gratifying experience and what a better place to shop than Dubai that hosts the most elaborate Shopping Festival in the world. The grand retail extravaganza, the Dubai Shopping Festival brings together more than 1500 brands that offer heavy discounts ranging from 25% to a swooping 95%. The only way to grab exciting deals is to book your holiday package to Dubai way in advance so that you can pick all desirable things before they are gone.
The exciting offers by traditional souks and marketplaces are the major attraction of the Festival. Held annually during the month of December and January, these two months are the best time to visit Dubai, aka the ‘City of Gold’. Enjoy shopping along with exploring the beautiful landscape of the city that is brimming with cultural vibrance and many sites to visit. The shopping haven is all set to send you on some binge shopping, brace yourself for jaw-dropping deals and oodles of fun!
Here’s to all the shopaholics, a checklist for DSF that will make you versed with all minute details so that you spend smartly and make the most of your shopping experience:
If you're wondering what to buy in Dubai, we have prepared a list of must-buy things. Take a dekko:
Coming back from Dubai without buying Gold ornaments is just not possible. Due to tax policies, the price of Gold in the city is low, and therefore many people indulge in jewelry shopping during the DSF.
The United Arab Emirates, UAE is famous for high-quality precious and semi-precious stones such as diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and an array of semi-precious stones. From buying loose stones to ornaments, Dubai has a big market that boasts exquisite designs for people who have an eye for studded jewellery.
Famous for the excellent quality of the dates and local spices, many people are seen buying dates and spices from a wide assortment in Dubai. Found at reasonable prices, aromatic spices and dates of Dubai are ideal for gifting as well.
Another wonderful thing to buy from DSF is the variety of melt-in-mouth Camel milk chocolates. Available in 5 variants - whole milk, dates, spiced, 70% cocoa, and macadamia; it’s a must-buy if you are a chocolatarian. Manufactured only by Al Nassma, these ones are rare to find elsewhere except Dubai.
For all the coffee lovers, Arabian Coffee is definitely worth buying for its strong and refreshing taste. You can also buy beautifully crafted copper coffee pots that are called “Dallah” in the Arabic language. Serve Arabian coffee in Arabic style and win compliments from your guests.
Emirates is a hub of high-end brands and DSF is the best time to give your wardrobe a complete makeover. From branded clothes to shoes, watches, perfumes, and handbags; be ready to go bananas with a huge variety of high-end stuff at rock bottom prices.
Though Dubai is not so famous for electronics, however, the prices of gadgets are low in comparison to many parts of the world. If you find a gadget of your choice, simply buy it because the prices are pretty decent if not too low.
Apart from the annual shopping extravaganza, Dubai Shopping Festival hosts a whole lot of events every year with a new theme to keep the shoppers entertained.
Live concerts, firework shows, stage shows, brand promotions, art installations are the major highlights of DSF.
From getting an opportunity of premium as well as high street shopping, people also get a chance to win mega prizes.
Amid all the shopping and events, every mall in Dubai organizes activities for kids, various workshops for different age groups, and exhibitions that display unique stuff.
The entire Cityline is lit with vibrant markets that bustle with shoppers from all over the world. Some of the frequently visited malls and retail market places in the city are:
1. Dubai Mall
2. Al Fahidi
3. Gold Souk
4. Night Souk
5. Promenade at Dubai Festival City
6. Al Rigga Street
7. Mall of the Emirates
8. Global Village
9. Lulu Village
10. Waterfront Centre
11. Deira City Centre
and many more...
Endless fun of buying desirable things, DSF is a time when there are irresistible offers by almost every sector in Dubai.
1. Around 60,000 shopping outlets offer generous discounts that range from 40 to 50% on gold jewellery, retail brands, electronics, watches, and perfumes.
2. Shopping malls offer heavy discounts that range up to 90% which makes it a perfect time to shop premium brands that otherwise burn a hole in the pocket.
3. Apart from filling up your bags with rock bottom things to tax-free items from Dubai, you can also take part in Desert Safari, Ski Dubai, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Dhow Cruise rides, and many more fun activities that offer heavy discounts during the shopping season.
We know you are all versed by now with every minute detail of the Festival. However, there are a few tips that will help you enjoy the shopping experience without faltering anywhere. Take a look at the checklist below:
1 DSF App will keep you updated on the latest offers and discounts. Download it quickly so that you don’t miss anything exciting.
2. Book your holiday package in advance and if you schedule your trip just when the festival begins, you are sure to get some hot deals. Early bird gets the worm!
3. Use a credit card or a debit card that provides instant cashback and reward points so that you save more in addition to mind-blowing discounts.
4. The queue for changing chambers is long. Wear something body-hugging so that you can try clothes over your own t-shirt or legging.
5. Keep your shopping list handy and research where you can get the best offers so that you exploit the sale to the fullest. Be a smart shopper!
6. Make the most of your Dubai trip by enjoying the beautiful landscape of Dubai in addition to shopping, which indeed is really really gratifying.
Book your exclusive holiday package with Adotrip because we bring to you the best travel experience and ensure that you don’t miss anything during your visit to Dubai.
Besides all the shopping, don’t miss visiting Burj Khalifa, some local sites. Savor the delicacies of Emirates and click some good pictures. This memory would last forever and who knows, you might end up visiting Dubai every year during the grand shopping carnival.
Stay connected with us and we will keep you updated with all the exciting information. Travel the world with Adotrip and we will help you make beautiful memories with your loved ones. With us, nothing is far!