Now the long wait has come to an end and finally the 4.9 km long Bogibeel bridge is all set and connecting Tinsukia in Assam to Naharlagun town of Arunachal Pradesh. Undoubtedly, you have read the news about this bridge, however, a few of you would be aware of the facts about this Bogibeel Bridge.
Do you know this 4.9 km long bridge built up on the Brahmaputra river is India’s fully welded bridge? Here, European codes and welding standards are followed for the first time in the nation.
Let’s move further and discuss some more hidden facts about this bridge that made the dream true for the people residing in Northeast India.
1. The bridge is 4.9 km long built up on the river Brahmaputra and it took a cost around Rs 59 billion.
2. Definitely, the bridge offers the convenience to the people residing in the Northeast part of India and it was the prime motive taken into consideration during its authorization.
National security was also taken into consideration while its designing as the bridge is designed in such a way that a fighter jet can be landed over the bridge in case on an emergency.
Alongside, you’ll realise that the movement will get easy from Southern to Northern bank that means travelling to the outermost point of India’s border with China has been shortened to many 100 kms.
3. Travel time has been reduced from Assam to Arunachal Pradesh to 4 hours and will cut the route up to 170 km via Tinsukia.
4. The building of this bridge took around 3 million bags of cement, 77, 000 mt. of steel has been used, 19,250 support steel 2,800 mt. structural steel is used to build this bridge.
5. If you go via boat then, it takes 45 minutes to 2 hours to cross this river, however, if you go via bridge it takes 10 minutes, saves your time as well as money.
6. The bridge is designed in such a way where you’ll find a two-line railway track on its lower deck and a three-lane road on its top deck. It reduces the distance between Dibrugarh in Assam to Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh. Along these lines, it also reduces the travel time somewhere around 3 hours to 34 hours as earlier it used to consume 37 hours.
7. It is designed over 20 km away from the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, therefore, it is projected to work as an option to the Kolia Bhomora Setu in Tezpur and offers connectivity to more than 5 million people located in Upper Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
8. This bridge is built up in the Seismic Zone- V that is quite risky to earthquakes, however, in order to make it more stable to heavy spans (1700 MT), seismic restrainers have been provided.
9. Bogibeel Bridge is built up in 21 years.
10. It had been planned to run 4 special trains to and from Tanganj in order to help people to attend the inauguration function of this Bogibeel Bridge on 25th December 2018.
Undoubtedly, the bridge proves as a blessing for the residents and will boost the infrastructure in the area. What’s your view?
Also Read: Secret destinations of North East India that ought to b...