A quaint hill station situated in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand in India, Khirsu is an incredible tourist getaway situated at an altitude of 1700 m. The scenic backgrounds and the spectacular panoramic views of the mountains will melt your heart, making your visit a truly unforgettable experience.
Travelling to Khirsu will make you a bit calmer and contemplative in mind. You will get to indulge yourself in the serene surroundings of nature’s abundance as well as the crisp blue skies, and the chilly breeze will make you fall in love with it.
Moreover, if you are lucky, then, you may discover exotic plants, see the never seen variety of chirping birds and wildlife of the Himalayan region.
Depending upon your travel mood, you can hope to visit Khirsu in the winter or summer months. If you want to see snow then the winter months would be a great time. Otherwise, the summer season would suit you best for exploring the place around.
1. Ghandiyal Devta Temple. This is an ancient temple dedicated to Mahadev, Lord Shiva. The spiritual vibes of this temple draw a great number of devotees from the country all year round. It is interesting to know that in this temple, turmeric is used as an offering to the Lord. Apart from this, anything of the colour red is forbidden in the temple.
2. Dhari Devi Temple. This is again a Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Kali Mata. As per folklore, she is considered to be the guardian and foster goddess of Uttarakhand. This temple is located on the banks of Alaknanda River nestled between Rudraprayag and Badrinath road and exudes spiritual vibes. For anyone on a spiritual quest, this place is a must-visit.
3. Kandolia Temple. This is a sacred temple located at a distance of 2 km from the town of Pauri. The main deity of the temple is Kandolia who is none other than the Adiyogi, Lord Shiva himself. If you step outside, the panoramic views of the place will simply take your breath away. As the legend associated with the origin of this place goes, it is believed that Lord Shiva came in the dream of a local person from the village and ordered that his abode be made someplace high. Soon, the construction work for the temple began.
4. Trekking. If you are of the adventurous kind, then you will find plenty of opportunities to trek in Khirsu. There is a place by the name of Furakanda Point which is majorly famous for the same.
5. Nature Walk and Bird Watching. If you truly want to experience nature in its true essence, then walking through the forest and villages while watching a variety of birds will make your day a joyful one.
Khirsu is an adorable town where you can have a glimpse of nature’s abundance. This is the place where you wouldn’t mind spending lots of time with your own self. It is located at an approximate distance of 332, 1,769, 1,563, 2,448 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru respectively. Here is how you can reach here by the following means of transportation.
By Air. The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport which is located at an approximate distance of 145 km. It is recommended to take connecting flights from Delhi and Chandigarh for here. From the airport, road connectivity to Khirsu is quite good. Thus, you will need to take a cab or some other means of transportation to reach here.
By Train. The nearest railway station is the Rishikesh Railway Station. It is very well connected by major railway networks of India. Once you deboard at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transport.
By Road. Khirsu is well connected with road to nearby Indian cities and states. From local bus stations, you can easily find buses to Pauri. Otherwise, you can also consider travelling via cab or, if it suits you, by your own vehicle.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here