The beautiful and panoramic view of nature at this place will take you through a surreal experience. The hill station has a well-developed park that is known as Kailasagiri Park. Situated at 360 ft, Kailasagiri is one of the most popular hill stations in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. It was developed by Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority.
The hill station is not just very popular but so good that it was awarded the Best Tourist Spot by Andhra Pradesh Government in the past. What amps up the look of this destination, even more, is gigantic idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati that are placed in the middle of the park. Every year, the destination witnesses hundreds of thousands of national and international tourists.
Kailasagiri is surrounded by breath-taking scenery which looks more captivating during the starting months of winter. So if you are planning for a Kailasagiri trip, you need to choose between the months of October-December.
1. Titanic Viewpoint. You would love to witness the view from here which would make you feel like nature is embracing you in its arms. A great place to take beautiful pictures of the scenery!
2. Floral Clock. This unique floral clock is made with fine creativity to catch your attention. Made with various flowers like marigold, rose and other flowers, this piece of art will leave you mesmerized.
3. Shanti Ashram. The vibe of this ashram is absolutely relaxing to the body and soul. One can easily spend some hours here to rest and experience peace of mind. Also, you can practice meditation here for a positive impact on your mind and soul.
4. Capsule Lift. While you are enjoying the blissful experience in the capsule lift, you will also get to witness the picturesque views of nature.
5. Telescopic Point. Telescope Viewpoint is established for enabling tourists to view the deep slopes, green valleys, and other enchanting natural beauties.
6. Circular Toy Train. Enjoy the magnificent view from the circular toy train that ensures the 360-degree view of Vizag City.
7. Paragliding. You can explore your paragliding skills under the vigilance of experts. Also, if you are an expert yourself, Kailasagiri Hill Station at Vizag must be your go-to destination for the same.
8. Food Courts. Once you are done with exploring Kailasagiri, you can have different local cuisines of Visakhapatnam at several food joints in the hill station.
With a lot of leisure activities to get indulged in, Kailasagiri is the perfect place for soul-rejuvenation and much more. It is spread over 150 hectares of lunch green lands. Here, people mostly speak in Telegu and English languages. Kailasagiri is 1,771.9 km via NH 44, 1,365 km via NH65, 868km via NH16, 76.1 km via Hoskote-Chintamani Rd/Kadapa-Bengaluru Hwy away from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Banglore respectively.
By Air. Visakhapatnam International Airport is the nearest airport to Kailasagiri. It is located at the Viman Nagar in Vishakhapatnam. Situated at a distance of 19 kilometres, it will take around 45 minutes to reach the hill station. The well-established airport is well-served with renowned airline services like AirAsia, AirAsia India, IndiGo, SilkAir ensuring regular national and international flights.
By Rail. Vizag Railway Station is the nearest railway station which is just 9 kilometres away from Kailasagiri. The railway station is well-networked with other major cities of India.
By Road. Kailasagiri is located at Hilltop Road, Visakhapatnam. There are several local modes of transportation that are frequently run towards Kailasagiri such as Auto, taxi etc. One can enjoy road trips from nearby cites of Vishakhapatnam such as Kakinada (famous for sweet Kaaja), Rajahmundry (riverside ISKON Temple), Vijaywada (Kanak Durga Temple) etc.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: