1. The ‘Quality of Life’ index indicates the standard of living of different nations based on a quantitative scoring system. Global Citizen Solutions is an immigration investment firm with offices across the world. It has recently announced its first standard of living index. As per the list, the top three nations for expat passports are Sweden, Finland, Denmark.
The other seven nations on the list include Canada, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, the UK, Spain, and Austria. The ranking was based on six main indicators like sustainable development goal weighted at 30%, followed by the level of freedom, cost of living, happiness levels, migrant acceptance, and environmental performance.
2. Some of the states in India that have recently made a negative RT-PCR mandatory for all air passengers arriving are Andaman & Nicobar and Meghalaya.
Considering the grim Covid-19 situation in the country, the administration of Andamans & Nicobar now requires all incoming passengers to carry a negative test report. The report needs to be within 48 hours of travel. International passengers arriving at the Veer Savarkar International Airport at Port Blair need to take the test on arrival and isolate themselves till the report is generated.
For Meghalaya, the mandatory negative report cannot be more than 72 hours old and must be shown at arrival. The government has further introduced the odd-even system to keep the vehicular movement under check.
3. A new constitution is what the Chilean government has been busy with lately. The new governance is being centered around climate and ecology. The concept of re-writing the Constitution comes from concerns about the mining of lithium near the Andes Mountains. The new Constitution will address the regulations about lithium mining and whether the presidential system should be retained.
4. It is not good news for travel lovers. The Ladakh administration has announced the cancellation of all winter tourist activities in the region. The decision has been taken in view of the rising concerns about the Omicron variant.
A few popular suspended activities are the 105-km long Chadar Trek across the Zanskar River. The Leopard sighting expedition has also been canceled. The popular Apricot blossom, organized in the Kargil district, has also been called off.
5. Considering the rise of Covid-19 cases in the state, the West Bengal Government has announced a partial lockdown. Bars and restaurants are operating now at fifty percent capacity only. Shopping malls are also operating at half the capacity. Additionally, all shopping districts and establishments have to close down by 10 pm.
The ban has also been announced on gatherings, vehicular and public movements. Only emergency and essential services are allowed to ply between 10 pm to 5 am.Click to Book Flights
Download Adotrip App Or Simply Subscribe To Get Exclusive Offers On Flights, Hotels, Buses And More
May I Help you