Catch a glimpse of the latest happenings in the world of travel and tourism. Here are some of the important travel highlights compiled by Adortip for you to know. Scroll down!
1. New York City is recovering well after COVID-19. The city is about to host a massive flower show, inspired by European-style flower shows like RHS Chelsea Flower Show in London. As per the reports of the New York Times, the city's first-ever flower show has been named the L.E.A.F. Festival of Flowers and will be held between 12-13 June.
To host the first-ever flower show in NYC, 25 pillars will be decorated with flowers and the centerpiece of the show will be at Gansevoort Plaza, which is a pedestrian-only place. To make the show effective, the organizers will be working with 100 florists for the decoration of flowers all over the city.
2. Mumbai is about to add one more tourist attraction to its list of sightseeing places. According to the reports, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation or BMC has passed a plan to make an elevated walkway through the woods on Malabar Hills, which will offer an unobstructed view of the Arabian Sea to its visitors.
Reportedly, the walkway will be 900 meters long and 1.5 meters wide. Once it is complete, the visitors will be able to take a canopy walk through the woods to get an unhindered view of the sea.
3. The Indian airline industry is looking forward to starting with new beginnings as a new flying model is proposed by Prince Air. It is going to be India’s first subscription-based airline. It means that one can fly multiple times for a monthly or yearly subscription. Just like you subscribe for your favorite OTT platforms.
Sanket Raj Singh, Prince Air’s Founder, said that passengers who will sign up for this new model will be able to enjoy a privileged flying experience, far better than the regular check-ins one has to go through at airports. This will make passengers feel like they own a private jet, and experience that will make them feel special. Singh added that passengers will be required to arrive at least half an hour before the departure time, an entry will be given from a separate gate, unlike the regular passengers. They can even arrange a car or taxi to make a quick exit from the airport.
4. Mussoorie is arguably the most popular destination in Uttarakhand that remains crowded with travelers throughout the year. This means heavy traffic jams disrupting daily activities in the hill station. To reduce the traffic, Nitin Gadkari, Union Road Transport and Highways Minister, announced a 700 crore two-lane tunnel project. The objective is to reduce the traffic congestion on the mountain road.
The Union Minister announced this news on Twitter that the project will be conducted by the Project Management Consultancy or PMC. As per the reports, he said that the tunnel will be 2.74 kilometers long and will offer congestion-free and easier connectivity to the town of Mussoorie, Mall Road, and LBSNAA (IAS Academy).
5. Finally, the first two human beings are ready to go for a space trip as passengers on July 20th this year. One of these lucky ones is the world’s richest person and founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos.
At last, tourist travel to space will be a possibility. Jeff Bezos and his brother, Mark Bezos, are going to be the first two tourists to travel to space on Blue Origin’s first human spacecraft.
The spacecraft is scheduled to lift off for its journey on July 20, 2021. Jeff Bezos announced his childhood dream on his Instagram handle, “On July 20th, I will take that journey with my brother.”
Stay tuned to Adotrip for the latest travel updates and trending travel trends. You can now book the most economical flight tickets and grab the value for money tour packages. We are happy to assist you around the clock. Stay safe and make beautiful memories. With us, nothing is far!Click to Book Flights
Download Adotrip App Or Simply Subscribe To Get Exclusive Offers On Flights, Hotels, Buses And More
May I Help you