Check out the latest travel news compiled by Adotrip. Have a look!
1. Arunachal Pradesh is soon going to get a brand new toy train ride. Pema Khandu, Chief Minister of the state, has approved the proposal to start a toy train project in the Tawang region. North East Frontier Railway (NFR) proposed the idea to the Chief Minister. Anshul Gupta, NFR General Manager presented the proposal for the toy train project to the Chief Minister.
With additional attractions such as a craft bazaar, park, and restaurants, among other things, this toy train project is going to be a tourist attraction in Tawang.
The toy train will be divided into three bodies, each of which is going accommodate 12 passengers. The Chief Minister has suggested that officials of the NFR should coordinate with the district administration to smoothen the process.
2. World Photography Day is on August 19 and Maharashtra Tourism has announced to celebrate the occasion by organizing a week-long event. For a whole week, a photography contest will be organized along with living workshops on food and travel photography and heritage walks, amongst others.
The Director of Maharashtra Tourism began an open to all #MaharashtraThroughMyLens photography contest on Facebook and Instagram on August 11 wherein budding and interesting photographers can share their original work. The picture should depict the essence of Maharashtra. The judges will give points to a picture depending on different measures such as composition, framing, editing skills, innovative style, and also their engagement on social media.
3. Air India has announced 13 non-stop flights from India from August 16 for those who were waiting to travel to the UK. Soon after the United Kingdom moved India to the ‘amber’ list from the ‘red’ list and lifted its travel ban from India, Air India made this announcement.
These 13 flights will operate weekly and connect the capital of the UK with six Indian cities, which are Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Amritsar, and Kochi. The national carrier said that according to the air bubble created between the two nations, these flights will run between August 16 to September 1.
4. Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has been declared the Best Airport in India and Central Asia. The airport has been declared the best airport for the third consecutive year. Skytrax World Airport Awards adjudged this airport as the best one in India and Central Asia. Delhi has been adjudged after votes by customers in the survey as it is considered to be the most significant award for the airport industry.
Skytrax is known to assess customer service and facilities over 550 airports across the world., Today is a major airport for international connectivity in India, the IGI airport was established in Delhi back in 1986.
5. UAE is all set to reopen its borders and a COVID-19 vaccination certificate is no longer required to enter the country for Indian passengers with a valid residence visa. As per the reports, the UAE will start accepting Indian passengers who have UAE visas, as long as they can submit a negative RT-PCR test result that has been taken at least 48 hours before their departure, and an approval from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
Moreover, travelers would also have to get a rapid PCR test done at the airport.
Emirates Airline wrote on Twitter, “As per our latest update, the COVID-19 vaccination certificate is no longer a requirement.”
This was all for the week’s latest travel updates from India and beyond. Stay tuned to Adotrip for all things travel and more!Click to Book Flights
Download Adotrip App Or Simply Subscribe To Get Exclusive Offers On Flights, Hotels, Buses And More
May I Help you