Tso Kar Lake is a very enchanting travel getaway to explore. This destination, owing to its scenic views is popularly known as the White Lake. The serenity and peace which lives here is just something else to experience.
What makes Tso Kar Lake really interesting is the presence of nomadic families who live around in the region. And if you are a bird lover, you will find this lake just superb to explore. A very wide variety of birds such as Brahmin ducks, bar-headed geese and many others can be found here.
This place has been connected by an inlet stream at its south-west end to a small lake. And even until a few years ago, it actually acted as a very important source of salt for the people. It is the very salt that the Changpa nomads used to export to Tibet during the historical times.
Talking about the flora and fauna, it can be said that Tso Kar is actually a very good source of non-saline water, pondweeds. The shore of this place has been covered with a salt crust up to some extent and also enhances its overall natural beauty.
The summer season is the best time to visit Tso Kar Lake. During this time you will get a lot of opportunities when it comes to sightseeing and exploring this place to its fullest. However, the winters here can be very harsh thus, it is not recommended to plan a trip during this time.
1. Markha Valley. It is one of the most amazing places to visit, especially for trekking purposes. Not for the faint-hearted, what Markha Valley has to offer can only be experienced by people who seek and love adventure. However, the terrain here can be really treacherous for even the adventure seekers, it is advised to take proper measures for the same.
2. Hemis National Park. The Hemis National Park is bounded on the north by the mighty Indus river. It is named after a 400-year-old Hemis Gompa. For the people who are spiritually inclined, the national park is just really stunning to explore. And what really makes this place worth exploring is the fact that it is the only national park in India which has been declared as the largest notified and protected the area in India.
3. Kiagar Tso. It lies in the Rupshu valley in Ladakh. And being a saline lake, Kiagar Tso is surrounded by some really fascinating mountain fauna such as sheep, goats, yaks, etc. For nature lovers, this place is really great to experience.
4. Hampta Pass. The Hampta Pass is quite an ideal trek for the people who are doing trekking for the first time. The scenic views of this place are really mesmerizing. It is basically a small corridor which is located between the Lahaul’s Chandra Valley and Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India.
5. Deo Tibba. Deo Tibba is one of the highest peaks of the Pir Panjal range. A 6000-meter summit which is undoubtedly not less than a dream for many mature, as well as amateur trekkers what Deo Tibba promises you, is loads of adventures, and a possibility to make some long-lasting memories.
Tso Kar Lake is also known as the White Lake. It is considered as one of the three high altitude lakes in all of Ladakh. The name White Lake came across due to the salt deposits which are there on the lake shores. Tso Kar Lake is located at a distance of 898 km, 2,316 km, 3,069 km, 2,414 km from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata respectively. Let’s discuss how you can reach here via the following routes.
By Air. The best option to reach here via flight would be Jammu Airport. The Jammu Airport is known as the Jammu Civil Enclave (IXJ). Spread over an area of 70,000 square feet this particular airport is only known for handling domestic flights.
Within the terminal, you can also find stores selling packages of food items, shoes, restaurants, and souvenir stores and various other things. The Jammu Airport is located in the south-west direction of the Jammu city adjacent to the Ranbir Singh Pura Road.
Many flights connect with Jammu Airport with Indian cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Kolkata, and Bengaluru.
After you deboard at the airport, you will need to cover an approximate distance of 700-750 km. For this, it would be suitable for you to take a bus.
By Road. It is situated at an approximate distance of 160 km south of Leh. Here is the route following which you can reach Tso Kar Lake.
You can also opt for interstate buses to reach Jammu. For that, you can easily book a bus online at J & K State Road Transport Corporation.
By Train. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Railway Station is a good option to reach here. Here is the route how you can reach here via the following train route.
After deboarding the train, you will need to get a cab or some other means of transportation like a bus to reach Tso Kar Lake. The fastest route will be via the Leh Manali Highway. For this, you will need to cover 683 km approximately.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: