There are so many temples in the state of Himachal Pradesh, but Bathu Temples are unique because they can only be approached in the month of May-June and rest of the time they get submerged. Confused? Well, that is the speciality of Bathu temples. Situated in the Kangra district, the temples are locally known as Bathu ki Ladi as it is basically a cluster of temples.
In the early 1970s, a reservoir was created using the Pong Dam named as Maharaja Pratap Sagar in which the whole place got submerged. Since then, these temples can only be approached by people during the summer season - when the water level decreases, the temples can be seen otherwise they stay underwater for the rest of the time.
1. Bhagsu Falls. Situated amid the lush greenery, Bhagsu falls is quite an iconic travel destination to visit with your friends and family. The grandeur of these falls is just simply mind-blowing. Due to this, this place is simply unmissable.
2. Namgyal Monastery. The Namgyal Monastery has great spiritual significance, especially for the locals. What is a great thing to know is that this monastery is also the residential place of the Dalai Lama! Here, you will also find plenty of other shrines, temples, bookstores etc.
3. Bhagsunag Temple. If you are a spiritual person then you would absolutely be loving the charm and vibe of this temple. Located at a height of about1770m, this temple is known for attracting a lot of devotees as well as the tourists and travellers throughout the year.
4. Church of St. John. The church of St.John is one of the best places to visit around. It is quite an amicable place which you can stop by and admire. You will like the amazing aura of this place.
5. Dharamkot. Located on the crest above the hill Dharmkot is one of the best places to visit around. It is a very attractive spot which presents a very wide as well as picturesque view of the Kangra Valley. This place is also quite well-known among the people for the purpose of doing Vipassana Meditation. For the people who have a bend or an inclination towards spiritual practices, it can be truly a great experience.
6. Shopping In Mcleodganj. This is quite a pretty awesome place which you must explore and rummage around for shopping. Here, one can easily find a number of Buddhist as well as Tibetan sovereigns along with really cool collectable items.
By Air. The nearest airport to the place is Gaggal Airport. After deboarding your flight, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
By Road. You can take public transport to visit till Kangra or you can also take your own vehicle. And to cover the distance between Kangra to Jawali you would be needing to hire a taxi.
By Train. The nearest railway station is Jawanwala Shahar. After deboarding at the station, you can cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
Leave a Reply: