The Australian state of Victoria is home to breathtaking scenery. Though its bustling cities and coastline charm usually steal the show, Victoria's magnificent waterfalls are a hidden gem for those willing to travel to the state's interior.
This blog will take you on a virtual tour of the area's most breathtaking waterfalls, showcasing the best time to visit waterfalls in Victoria and witness their glory.
List Of 11 Amazing Waterfalls In Victoria
- Hopetoun Falls | 30m Cascade In Lush Rainforest
- Erskine Falls| Coppice Gorge With 30m Plunge
- Mackenzie Falls | 20m Drop In Grampians Grandeur
- Trentham Falls | Scenic 32m Near Melbourne
- Silverband Falls | Unique Terraced Rock Beauty
- Steavenson Falls | 5-Tiered Iconic Fall Of 84m
- Toorongo Falls | Fern-Filled Twin Falls
- Sailors Falls | Basalt Columns Of Soothing Flow
- Lal Lal Falls | Basalt Backdrop With Unique Formations
- Phantom Falls | Hidden Gem Of Seasonal Appearance
- Lorne Falls| Coastal Town Beauty
1. Hopetoun Falls | 30m Cascade In Lush Rainforest
Exploring Victoria's waterfall trails, Hopetoun Falls captivates with its lush rainforest surroundings and a hidden gem – it's home to a rare species of glow-in-the-dark fungi, adding a magical touch to this natural wonder.
- Where. Great Otway National Park
- How To Reach. Accessible via the Aire Valley Road, followed by a short hike from the car park. The trail is well-marked.
- When To Visit. Year-round, but best after rain
2. Erskine Falls| Coppice Gorge With 30m Plunge
Erskine Falls offers breathtaking Victoria waterfall views, cascading waters surrounded Erskine Falls offers breathtaking Victoria waterfall views, and cascading waters surrounded by lush rainforest. An intriguing fact is that the falls are named after an early settler in the area, not the Scottish town of Erskine, as one might assume.
- Where. Near the coastal town of Lorne
- How To Reach. Drive along Erskine Falls Road, which leads to a car park. From there, a short walk takes you to the viewing platform.
- When To Visit. Year-round, best in summer
3. Mackenzie Falls | 20m Drop In Grampians Grandeur
Mackenzie Falls, a majestic natural wonder, is renowned for its awe-inspiring cascades and rugged beauty. Hidden within a pristine wilderness, it offers guided hiking tours to Victoria waterfalls, revealing hidden Aboriginal rock art and showcasing the rich indigenous history of the area.
- Where. Within Grampians National Park
- How To Reach. Follow the signs from the Mackenzie Falls car park. A moderate hike leads to the base of the falls, offering impressive views
- When To Visit. Year-round, good in spring.
4. Trentham Falls | Scenic 32m Near Melbourne
Trentham Falls, a gem among the top 10 hidden waterfalls near Melbourne, is a picturesque natural wonder. Its unique feature is Victoria's highest single-drop waterfall, plummeting 32 metres into a lush, secluded gorge.
- Where. Near Melbourne, in Trentham
- How To Reach. Accessible by a short walk from a dedicated viewing area. Signs along Trentham Falls Road guide you to the falls.
- When To Visit. Year-round, best in winter
5. Silverband Falls | Unique Terraced Rock Beauty
Silverband Falls is a mesmerising waterfall renowned for its slender cascading streams, resembling a silver ribbon. Victoria waterfall photography tips can enhance capturing its ethereal beauty. Surprisingly, this waterfall can change dramatically in appearance during different seasons, making each visit a unique experience.
- Where. Located in Grampians National Park
- How To Reach. A short walk from a car park leads to the falls. The trail is well-signed and easy to follow.
- When To Visit. Year-round, with seasonal variations
6. Steavenson Falls | 5-Tiered Iconic Fall Of 84m
Steavenson Falls, a renowned natural wonder in Victoria, offers a breathtaking cascade of water amidst lush surroundings. How to reach famous waterfalls in Victoria? Just follow well-marked picturesque walking trails. Surprisingly, Steavenson Falls has a hidden bat colony, adding to its mystique.
- Where. In Marysville, a charming town
- How To Reach. An easy stroll from Marysville town centre to the falls. Follow the signs or ask locals for directions
- When To Visit. Year-round, with different charms in each season.
7. Toorongo Falls | Fern-Filled Twin Falls