1. Spain has been declared the safest of all EU destinations by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), taking the COVID-19 pandemic into account. Most of the regions in Spain are cited as safe as per the figures presented by ECDC. This means that all these regions have less than 50 infected cases per 100,000 inhabitants over the last weeks. It also signifies that the positivity rate in these regions is not more than 4%.
Currently , these regions have been tagged as Green in Spain:
Castile and Leon
2. India-made Covaxin has finally been approved by the World Health Organisation on Wednesday. The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) too recognised the vaccine, soon after the WHO’s approval. The travelers who are vaccinated with Covaxin received a green light from the US to enter the country from 8th November.
The WHO tweeted, "WHO has granted emergency use listing (EUL) to COVAXIN®[?] (developed by Bharat Biotech), adding to a growing portfolio of vaccines validated by WHO for the prevention of #Covid19".
3. The government of Laos has announced to allow fully vaccinated travelers to enter the country in a recent travel update. To invite foreign tourists who are fully vaccinated against the virus to explore the country, the government will continue with their tourism program in 2022.
With a tourism program called Lao Thiao Lao or Lao Visit Laos, the government of Laos is hoping that at least 1.9 million domestic visitors and about 1 million overseas travellers in 2022 will visit the country. Informing the same at the National Assembly, he local media quoted the Deputy Prime Minister, Sonexay Siphandone.
4. One of the most important pilgrimages in India, the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra could soon see pilgrims arriving to the holy spot in cars. As per the reports, the border road from Gatiabagar to Lipulekh is all set to get upgraded into a metal one, which is going to cost INR 60 crores. Minister Ajay Bhatt announced this.
Pilgrims have the option to choose between two routes when the pilgrimage is open every year between June to September. First one goes through Uttarakhand's Lipulekh Pass, while the other goes through Sikkim's Nathu La Pass. For Hindus, Mount Kailash holds special significance for being the abode of Lord Shiva.
5. From December, Vietnam’s government is set to reopen all its prime tourist attractions and welcome more vaccinated travellers. The Vietnam government will be opening up its borders when the risk of COVID is deemed low. About 10 percent of Vietnam’s gross domestic product is dependent on the tourism sector.
The government of Vietnam said that it would reopen the resort island Phu Quoc for vaccinated travellers only from November. To visit UNESCO World Heritage sites in Vietnam, Hoi An, and Halong Bay, the country will allow vaccinated travellers from approved countries from December. Other than that, Vietnam is also keen on reopening the gorgeous town of Dalat and beach Destination Nha Trang for tourists.
That was all for this week’s travel highlights. Stay tuned to Adotrip because we will be back with more such exciting travel updates next week. Until then, stay safe and stay sound!Click to Book Flights
Download Adotrip App Or Simply Subscribe To Get Exclusive Offers On Flights, Hotels, Buses And More
May I Help you