1. The World Cup is slated to begin on 21st November 2022 and end on 18th December 2022. It is Qatar hosting the landmark event this year. In a move to cheer up the sports tourism industry in the country, Qatar started the ticket sales online this week for the event.
2. The ban on scheduled international flights has been extended to 28th February 2022. The same was announced by the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) this week. The decision was taken due to the rising cases of Covid worldwide.
The DGCA also mentioned that the ban would not apply to flights under the travel air bubble arrangements, Vande Bharat flights, and cargo flights. India currently has an air bubble arrangement with 32 countries.
3. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a travel advisory warning against travel to a few countries. These include Canada, France, the UK, Australia, Israel, Qatar, Argentina, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and thirteen more countries. All these countries have been accorded the Level Four or the very High-Risk titles. With this, the Level Four List of CDC has 100+ countries.
4. A decision to close the Darvaza gas crater, also famously known as the Gates of Hell, has been taken. The Turkmenistan President informed the same in a televised program. A very popular tourist site, the crater has been burning fiercely for the past fifty years. The President informed that the natural gas reserve would be used to help prosper the country. Also, the closing is essential for environmental and health reasons.
5. Tripura has opened its new and first-of-its-kind bamboo village or bashgram. The purpose is to boost ecotourism to the northeast as the village is expected to catch the attention of nature lovers, environmentalists, yoga and meditation enthusiasts, foreigners, and general tourists. Basham has come up at the Katlarmara located close to the India-Bangladesh border. The entire village covers about 9 acres of land, which youths have developed mostly. The chief architect of the village is Mr. Manna Roy. The village features multiple ponds, bamboo huts and cottages, bamboo bridges and pathways, a yoga center, a playground, and more.Click to Book Flights
Download Adotrip App Or Simply Subscribe To Get Exclusive Offers On Flights, Hotels, Buses And More
May I Help you