It won’t be wrong to say that this festival is one of the most awaited annual festival-cum-events in Mumbai. The nice cultural mix of music, theatre, films, comedy and world art, makes the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival a very distinctive event that is held within the Kala Ghoda Art District for a period of about 9 nine days.
Since its inception in 1999, Kala Ghoda Arts Festival went on to become one of the most successful arts and entertainment events in India. Perhaps, it is the kind of variety which a person gets to see and experience here that makes this event so much fun and laudable.
Organized by the Kala Ghoda Association annually, there are about 10-12 sections of this do that attracts the masses towards it. Undoubtedly, it is a very vibrant intermix of culture and traditions due to which it is worth a visit by every art lover.
1. Dance. Here you get to witness a wide concoction of dance forms right from Indian classical and contemporary to even several international dance forms which are performed with great enthusiasm by the artists.
2. Food. Explore a great variety of food while venturing on the delightful food walks. There are even demonstrations done by the stalls to highlight the importance of the local ingredients used in the dishes.
3. Workshops and Activities for Children. During this festival-cum-event, several workshops as well activities are held which specifically aim for the entertainment of children. These range from literature programs to even plays held in the local languages.
4. Music Concerts. A variety of music concerts make the whole vibe of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival simply amazing. Several top-notch singers set the stage on fire with their performances and usually, these musical events are held at Cross Maidan.
5. Visual Arts. Every year, one gets to experience the innovation behind the modern-day visual arts showcased by the artists here. It won’t be wrong to say that these particular stalls are one major reason for attracting the masses to this festival.
6. Heritage Walks. One can also indulge in heritage walks and get to know more about the cultural blend of various colours and hues that India is made of.
7. Stalls. Annually, there are about 100-150 stalls set up where the local artisans and craftsmen showcase their wares ranging from clothing, shoes, to bags, home decor and whatnot. And due to the variety, these stalls are an immense hit every year.
8. Design and Architecture. Events related to design, architecture, feature films, talks, interviews in regards to the modern-day and contemporary scenario are also held here annually. In these events and discussions several prominent writers, film-makers, artists tend to participate. This is another reason why so many locals and tourists visit here.
9. Standup Comedy. If you want to laugh out loud then head to the standup-comedy section. Here you will get to see some of the most established comedians make you go ROFL with their impeccable performances and punchlines.
To reach here, you will need to cover a total distance of about 1,430, from Indian cities like Delhi, 2,065, 993 km Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Check out the following details on how you can reach Mumbai by the following means of public transport.
By Air. You will need to deboard at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM) which is located 20-30 km away from this place. The airport has very good connectivity with other Indian cities via direct and connecting flights. From the airport, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
By Train. Mumbai has great train connectivity with other Indian cities. You can deboard at Mumbai Central Railway Station or Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus depending upon your convenience. Both the stations are located within a distance of 10 km and are fairly well-connected with other Indian cities and towns. Thus, after deboarding at the station, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transport like a cab.
By Road. Mumbai has a very good road network. To travel here, you can easily board inter-state or private buses from nearby cities and districts. You can also opt for travelling via a taxi and self-driving here.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Not yet Announced
Kala Ghoda District
Leave a Reply: