If you are in Mizoram or planning to visit anytime soon, you cannot miss Vantawng Falls. Surrounded by beautiful hills and lush environment, these are the highest falls in the state. The mesmerizing vibe of this place will make you feel content from within. Its scenic beauty attracts a lot of tourists and it is a perfect place for taking photographs which you will cherish for life long.
The months from September to January are the best times to visit Vantawng Falls. During this particular time, you will be finding a greater amount of clarity and moreover, the overall temperature is also very pleasant to travel around.
1. Chhingpuii Thlan. It is a stone memorial which has been named after a very beautiful woman named Chhingpuii. It is said that she had married a man named Kaptuanga who was kidnapped and then killed during the times of the civil war and after knowing this she had committed suicide.
2. Earth Rock Cafe. If you are feeling hungry then Earth Rock Cafe is one of the best places to go to. Here you will get to savour some of the most brilliantly delicious delicacies to satisfy your taste buds.
3. Dumboor Lake. If you want to experience the best of nature in terms of serene views then you probably shouldn't miss out on Dumboor Lake. This place is quite a popular tourist destination near Vantawng Falls and is located within a distance of around 50-60 kms; so travelling there should not take too much of your time.
4. Hmuifang Tlang. Situated at a stunning height of around 5000 ft above the sea level this place is very popular among tourists. Here you can participate in a variety of activities such as Mountain biking, hiking and many other things.
5. Restaurants. We bet that you would absolutely feel very hungry after travelling so much. So, here you can find some really good restaurants to fulfil your cravings for eating scrumptious food.
By Air. The nearest airport is Lingui airport which is connected to some of the major cities such as Kolkata, Guwahati etc. After deboarding your flight, you will need to cover the remaining distance by some means of public transportation.
By Rail. The nearest railway station is in Silchar. It is located around at a distance of 158 km and from here you can either take a cab or even a bus to travel to this place.
By Road. The overall connectivity via road is good. Thus, if you are planning a road trip to this place then it would be a good option, obviously given your location.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
Leave a Reply: